Subject: news release 5153

From: hq (IFCSS Headquarter)
Date: Wed, 27 Jul 94 10:11:17 CDT

**************************************************************
IFCSS Headquarters News Release No.5153          July 27, 1994 
**************************************************************
Independent Federation of Chinese Students and Scholars (IFCSS)
   733 15th Street, N.W., Suite 440, Washington, D.C.20005
         Tel. (202)347-0017  Fax: (202)347-0018
                Email: [email-masked]

                Thanks from IFCSS 6th Congress Task Force
                              July 26, 1994

     On the early morning of July 24th, IFCSS 6th Congress. Luo
Ning and Liu Chengyan were elected the 6th-term president and
vice president. As 6th Congress Task Force, we were very pleased
to see that the meeting was a success. In fact, except 1st
Congress, the 6th Congress witnessed the greatest number of
delegates, which reflected that as a nation-wide organization,
IFCSS has firmly established itself.

     With IFCSS beginning another year of operation, we wish to
express our heartfelt thanks to those who offered their help to
the Congress. Without their hard work, the Congress would have
been impossible. Our first thanks goes to CSSA at UNC, which
provided local transportation and helped with many other tasks.
After all the delegates left, they cleaned the dorms as well as
conference rooms. Many delegates and observers also provided
valuable assistance. Among them we would like to mention Mr. Deng
Yanpei from Tennessee, who, after working three days and nights
on end, suffered a stomach bleeding and was hospitalized. We
hereby pay tribute to Mr. Deng for his dedication to IFCSS and
hope that he will recover soon.

     Finally, we would like to express our appreciation to all
the participants of the Congress for their cooperation.

*********************************************************************
*                 IFCSS Headquarters Office                         *
*-------------------------------------------------------------------*
* President:      Lin Changsheng     Vice President:  Shi Heping    * 
* Exec. Director: Liu Xiaozhu        Chief of Staff:  Huang Songyun * 
*-------------------------------------------------------------------*
* PBS-L is IFCSS's news distribution list for individuals. To sign  *
* on or off from IFCSS E-mail mailing list, please send email to :  * 
*			[email-masked] 			    *
* leave the subject line open and put in the mail body:             *
*    (For signing on)      sub PBS-L last_name first_name           *
*    (For signing off)     unsub PBS-L last_name first_name         *
*                                                                   *
* For IFCSS Service Program:  ftp: ifcss.org:/services              *
*                                                                   * 
* For more information about IFCSS, write to [email-masked]   *
*********************************************************************