Subject: HQ NR #7082: IFCSS/Levine Immigration Service Update

From: [email-masked]
Date: Thu, 8 Feb 1996 22:13:32 -0500

*  *  *    N E W S   R E L E A S E  # 7082    *  *  *
             _________   February 7, 1996   __________

   [[[[[[  [[[[[[[[[[    [[[[[[       [[[[[[[      [[[[[[[
    [[[     [[[        [[[    [[[   [[[    [[[   [[[    [[[    _____
    [[[     [[[       [[[          [[[          [[[
   [[[     [[[[[[[[  [[[            [[[[[        [[[[[
   [[[     [[[       [[[               [[[[[        [[[[[    ______
  [[[     [[[        [[[                  [[[          [[[  ____
  [[[     [[[         [[[    [[[  [[[[   [[[   [[[[   [[[
[[[[[[  [[[[[[         [[[[[[[     [[[[[[[[     [[[[[[[[

&^&^&^&^&^&^&^&^&^&^&^&^&^&^&^&^&^&^&^&^&^&^&^&^&^&^&^&^&^&^&^&^&^&^&
 Independent Federation of Chinese Students and Scholars in the USA
IFCSS Foundation, Inc. 733 15th Street, NW  Suite 440 Washington,
     D.C. 20005   Tel: (202) 347-0017      Fax: (202) 347-0018
&=&=&=&=&=&=&=&=&=&=&=&=&=&=&=&=&=&=&=&=&=&=&=&=&=&=&=&=&=&=&=&=&=&=&

             IFCSS/Levine Immigration Service Update

Dear Friends:

Since IFCSS/Levine Immigration Program started about two months ago, 
more than a thousand Chinese students and  scholars  contacted  with 
IFCSS and/or Levine's immigration law firm (the firm hereafter), and 
tens of cases have been accepted and are being  processing  now.  We 
are delighted to see such a warm response and thank you for  letting 
us serve you.

Based on the experience from the large number of in-process or pend-
ing cases, we realized that there are some common questions and con-
cerns from you that need to be addressed. This message in a question
-and-answer form is just for such a purpose.    In the future, we'll 
continue to release messages like this to help you make a better use 
of our services.

Q: What materials do I need to prepare before I turn my case to  the 
   firm?
A: All immigration/visa services have a few common  requirements  of 
documents regardless of the type. These documents  include  but  not 
limited to general personal information with a cover letter (includ-
ing the service you are requesting), passport copy,  record of entry 
to and departure from the US, current visa status, and so  on.  How-
ever,   each service has its special requirements different from the 
others.  The following table lists the starting materials needed for 
the three commonly requested services  by Chinese students and scho-
lars.

            PR via Labor Certicate
Resume
Job description
Employer's information
    Company's name, address, phone number, employer's name, contact     
    person, etc.
Degree certificate
Income information

           PR via Outstanding Workers
Resume
Degree certificate
Diploma
Publication list
Membership of professional associations
Patent certificate (if any)
Record of prize or award
Evidence if any as a referer of others' work

                     H-1B
Work permit
Job offer letter
Job description
Employer's information (same as PR via LC)
Degree certificate
Income information

(Above information services as a reference for you to prepare start-
ing materials when you turn in the case. After a later review of the 
case,  they may need more information and materials for each indivi-
dual.)

Q: What is the procedure to start a case in IFCSS/Levine Program, in 
   other words,  what do I need to do if I want to turn my   case to 
   the firm?
A: Anyone who wants to have the case done in our program amy  choose 
   one of the two ways to start the case:
   a). Send in directly the starting materials with an initial  fee, 
   which varies with the type of cases (normally, the starting  fees 
   amount to 1/3 to the full of the total payment),   to  start  the 
   case. Upon further review of the case, it will reach a conclusion 
   whether the case can be accepted by the firm.    If the answer is 
   positive, which means a nearly 100% chance of success,   it  will 
   further the work immiediately (in the past, among the 8000+ cases 
   accepted by the law firm, only two were failed the frist  time); 
   if the answer is negative, which means a less chance of success, 
   your payment will be fully refunded at this point.

   b). Send in the starting materials with $100.00 (check or  credit 
   card) for an evaluation of the case.   After the firm's evalution 
   on whether the case can be done or not,   the applicat can make a 
   decision on whether to terminate the  process  or  to  proceed by 
   paying the same initial fees as in the first payment option above.

It is our recommendation that one who  has the need for our services 
try the first option, which is faster and less expensive.   Once the 
case is started in this payment option, the client can call the firm 
and consult with its laywers free. However, it is totally up to  the 
applicants what to do. If you think that the second option makes you 
feel more secure and comfortable,  they are still more than happy to 
help.

Q: Is there any danger of losing my  money  if  I  choose the  first 
   option, i.e., to turn in my case with a tarting gee paid up front?
A: Absolutely no danger. The concern of losing money is totally  un-
necessary because of the following reasons. First, the law firm is a 
very success one with many cases in process every day.    While   it 
can't make the firm richer by holding a few clients' money that sho-
uld be returned in the case that their cases cannot be accepted,  it 
will damage severely the firm's reputation and credit, which in turn 
would  crash its customer base and wipe out its market.  Very    few 
firms, if any, would be so foolish to do things like that.   Second, 
you have IFCSS as a strong back-up.    If such highly unlikely thing 
happened, it would exhaust all means to protect  your  interest  and 
get you money back for sure. The IFCSS' track record in the past  on 
other services will provide best evidence.

If you are still not convinced, however,    let's take a look at two 
true cases in the program:

Case I    Mr. A   sent in his materials with 1/3 of the full payment 
up front. His case had been accepted   (meaning a nearly 100% chance 
of success) and the firm had spent many hours of work on   the  case 
before Mr. A's employer called the firm that she could not  sponsore 
the case any more. By any means, it was not the fault of the   firm. 
We believe that many of you would be very worried about losing   the 
money that had been sent in, on top of the sadness of losing a near-
ly perfect chance. Well, you don't have to becuase the firm  decided 
immediately to return all the money Mr. A had sent in even though it 
had put hours of work in the cae already.    By   the way, Mr. A was 
lucky because his employer changed her mind later on and his case is 
now in process.

Cass II    Mr. B sent in his case in the category   of   outstanding 
professionals with 1/2 of the total fees. In preparing his materials, 
he found out that, for some reasons,  it  would be very difficult to 
get a complete list of his  publications that would be a very strong 
document to support his case.      While the firm, having also spent 
hours of working on his case,   is trying its best to save the case, 
it has decided to fuly refund his money if all other means are exha-
usted to get his full list of publications.

We hope these  examples and our explanation above will rid off  your 
concern, which is fully understandable, and hope you would take  the 
maximun advantage of our services.  Good luck!

For more inforamtion, please contact:
 Legal Assistant Robin Fan at: 703 524 8500

For brochure, please contact:
 The IFCSS at: [email-masked]

*********************************************************************
* PBS-L is IFCSS's news distribution list for individuals. To sign  *
* on or off from the list, please send email to [email-masked]  *
* leave the subject line open and put in the mail body:             *
*    (For signing on)      sub PBS-L last name first name           *
*    (For signing off)     unsub PBS-L last name first name         *
* For more information about IFCSS, write to [email-masked]   *
*********************************************************************