Subject: Accounting Inspection

From: IFCSS HQ <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 28 Oct 1993 18:22:44 -0400

Date:     October 28, 1993
From:     IFCSS HQ
To:       Council Members and Supervisory Committee Members
Subj:     Accounting Inspection of Council Finance Sub-Committee

The HQ is pleased with the enthusiasm and sense of responsibility
of the Council's Finance Sub-Committee to cooperate with the HQ to
accomplish the IFCSS internal accounting inspection. To this date,
the HQ has sent out upon request the following documents
respectively to the three inspection team members:

A.   General Journal for every IFCSS account for the period from
7/1/92 to 6/30/93 and 7/1/93 to 9/17/93: 
     1)   IFCSS Foundation General Operating Account; 
     2)   IFCSS INC Account; 
     3)   CSS-Protection Account; 
     4)   NED Account; 
     5)   Insurance Return Account; 
     6)   June 4th Foundation Account.

B.   Bank Statements for all the aforementioned accounts for the
period from July 1992 to September 1993.

C.   Financial Report: 
     1)   Quarterly Report for the Fiscal Year 92-93; 
     2)   Annual Report for the Fiscal Year 92-93; 
     3)   Financial Report for IFCSS Newsletter; 
     4)   Financial Report for the IFCSS 5th Congress; 
     5)   Financial Report for CSPA Center; 
     6)   Financial Report for CSS-Protection Account; 
     7)   Financial Report for NED Grant; 
     8)   Financial Report for Insurance Return; 
     9)   Financial Report for June 4th Foundation. 
    
     Among these reports, the reports for CSS-Protection, NED
Grant, Insurance Return and June 4th Foundation cover both Fiscal
Year 92-93 and First Quarter of the Fiscal Year 93-94.

The HQ is unable however to respond to the request (memo dated 
October 26) by Zhou Hongguang (Inspection Team Coordinator) that
three copies of all registered checks be sent to the team. As these
checks would reveal the names of the numerous June 4th victims we
have helped, it is inappropriate for the HQ to distribute their
copies. The Inspection Team is well advised to examine the original
checks along with proper invoices and documents here at the HQ. The
Form 990 for 1992-3 is due on November 15, 1993 according to the US
law, and therefore has not been made. We will furnish you a copy
once we have prepared such Tax Form for 1992-3.

The HQ considers that the aforementioned documents are adequate and
thorough, and have met the need for the Inspection Team to
accomplish the task of internal accounting. The HQ therefore urges
the Team to proceed with the inspection without further delay.