Subject: IFCSS HQ Telephone Manner

From: Hongguang Zhou <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 24 Nov 1993 11:40:06 -0500 (EST)

For your info.

Hongguang Zhou            
----------------------------------------------------------------
Emory University           Voice:(404)727-0641 Fax:(404)727-0372  
Atlanta, GA 30322       Internet:    [email-masked]

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+   C h i n a   N e w s   D i g e s t  +-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+

                               (US Regional)

                          Saturday, November 20, 1993

+--------------------------------------------------------------------------+
| CND-US, normally 1 or 2 issues a week, is a supplement to CND-Global and |
| has basically no overlap with the daily news.   CND-US provides in-depth |
| information concerning Chinese students/scholars in the United States.   |
+--------------------------------------------------------------------------+

Table of Contents                                                 # of Lines
============================================================================
1. News Briefs (3 Items) ................................................ 30
2. How to Get Certificate for Single Status from PRC Embassy ............ 31
3. "Free My Husband," Wang Juntao's Wife Appeals ........................ 94
4. Some CSPAer's Parents Got Their Visitor's Visa Approved .............. 37
5. Comments from Reader on IFCSS HQ Telephone Manner .................... 26
6. Job Listing (3 Items) ................................................ 65
============================================================================

----------------------------------------------------------------------------
5. Comments from Reader on IFCSS HQ Telephone Manner .................... 26
----------------------------------------------------------------------------
>From: <[email-masked]>, November 17, 1993

When I read the letter in you November 11 issue about IFCSS's phone manner,
I recalled my terrible experience calling IFCSS.  The man answered the phone
in IFCSS was very rude and he made me felt that I was begging something from
him.  I don't really care much about how he treated me, as all of us have
experienced this type of manner with our own dear government in China.  But
I can't help feel sorry for IFCSS to have this kind of person to damage its
relationship with Chinese community and to ruin its image on a daily basis.

I, and all Chinese students, appreciate IFCSS having phone numbers available
f or us as a help line and communication channel with Chinese students in
U.S.  If IFCSS feels bothered by phone calls from students for whatever
reason, plea se keep phone numbers private. Although I believe that phone
manner is only an attitude problem of its staff, which does not reflect the
quality of IFCSS itself, I have an advise.  Please train your staff or
volunteers or whatever who make contact with public.  I really feel ashamed
to have someone acting very unprofessionally in IFCSS which represents all
of us in U.S.

As for the dear gentleman who gave me a cruel reminder of the worst
government on the phone intentionally or unintentionally, I hope he will
change his manner for himself if not for all of us.