Subject: new-comer working committe proposal from Liu Chengyan

From: [email-masked] (Hongran Fan)
Date: Mon, 8 Nov 1993 21:03:22 -0500 (EST)

Forwarded message:
>From [email-masked] Mon Nov  8 21:01:02 1993
Date: Mon, 8 Nov 93 21:11:44 EST
From: [email-masked] (Mail Delivery Subsystem)
Subject: Returned mail: User unknown
Message-Id: <[email-masked]>
To: <[email-masked]>

   ----- Transcript of session follows -----
Connected to ifcss.org:
>>> RCPT To:<[email-masked]>
<<< 550 <[email-masked]>... User unknown
550 <[email-masked]>... User unknown

   ----- Unsent message follows -----
From: [email-masked] (Hongran Fan)
Subject: The proposal of the new-comer working committe from Liu Chengyan
To: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 8 Nov 1993 21:00:58 -0500 (EST)
Content-Length: 3483      

Forwarded message:
>From [email-masked] Mon Nov  8 20:59:11 1993
Date: Mon, 8 Nov 93 21:09:52 EST
From: [email-masked] (Mail Delivery Subsystem)
Subject: Returned mail: User unknown
Message-Id: <[email-masked]>
To: <[email-masked]>

   ----- Transcript of session follows -----
Connected to ifcss.org:
>>> RCPT To:<[email-masked]>
<<< 550 <[email-masked]>... User unknown
550 <[email-masked]>... User unknown

   ----- Unsent message follows -----
From: [email-masked] (Hongran Fan)
Subject: The proposal on the new-comer working committe from Liu Chengyan
To: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 8 Nov 1993 20:59:06 -0500 (EST)
Content-Length: 2415      

Forwarded message:
>From [email-masked] Fri Nov  5 19:36:23 1993
Date: Fri, 5 Nov 93 18:40:45 CST
From: [email-masked] (Chengyan Liu)
Message-Id: <[email-masked]>
To: [email-masked]
Subject: Sorry for the late, New Comers Working Committee

               The proposal of New Comers Working Committee

    New Comers mainly refer to those Chinese Students (though they may 
    include part of Chinese Scholars) who came to the United States after
    April 11, 1990. Many questions have been raised through the CSPA
    (Chinese Students Protection Act) Implementation, New Comers concerned
    of their future after CSPA. Recently, there're more and more reports
    that New Comers' job application be denied simply because they have
    not been covered by CSPA. The reason is that before New Comers be
    employed, the employer must have evidence that there's no American 
    citizen or PR apply for the same position, while CSPA produced a large
    pool of PR whose major are overlapped with most of New Comers. Faced
    with this situation, New Comers Working Committee propose to work 
    closely with IFCSS HQ in the direction of working permit and visa 
    extension beyond graduation. This committee believed that the proposed
    work will ease the hardship New Comers encountered and strengthen the 
    grassroots of IFCSS. This proposal also implied that IFCSS HQ should 
    devote specific resources for the task as most of the New Comers 
    Working Committee members are full time students, they need to balance
    their time between studying and volunteer services.

    Second, New Comers Working Committee will try to supply legal advice
    for New Comers. It will help to solve problems which New Comers have 
    or will meet. Third, New Comers Working Committee will probe the 
    possibility of academic assistance for New Comers. The academic 
    excellence will partially help New Comers in the road of job hunting. 
    Fourth, as an option, New Comers Working Committee will try to organize 
    a workshop for New Comers activists to learn how to conduct social 
    activities and to exchange their experience.

    New Comers Working Committee is just a beginning. In order to improve
    IFCSS's mission, the committee should establish a broad connection
    among campuses and work hard for the future of New Comers.