Subject: My reply to Mr Ren Songlin

From: [email-masked]
Date: 19 Nov 1993 20:10:42 -0500 (CDT)

From:     Yungui Ding
          Council Member from the Mid-West

To:       The IFCSS Council

Cc:       Mr Ren Songlin

Subj:     Council's Inspection Team

In regard to the Council's Finance Committee's decision to invite Mr Bai Yan
to join the Council's Inspection Team, to the best of my judgement, I have
the following understanding:

1. It was a correct decision of the Finance Committee.

2. It was within the authority of the Council Finance Commitee.

3. As a Council member, and as the co-chair of the Council, 
   I was aware of the decision, did not and do not oppose it.
   I don't not see anything wrong in the process of this matter.

In regard to Mr Ren Songlin's request of apology, I view it
   very rude
   very inapproriate
   a challenge not only to the decision itself, but also to the authority
      of the Council.
Please be reminded of Council's by-law, Article IV: Committees in the Council,

   "The Council may, by resolution adopted by the Council,
   designate one or more committees, each committee to consist of two,
   or more, of the members of the Council, which, to the extent 
   provided in the resolution, shall have and may exercise the powers
                               ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
   of the Council in management of the business and affairs of the Council.
   ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
   The name, chairperson and members of each such committee may be dertermined
   from time to time by resolution adopted by the Council."

I hope Songlin read it carefully and examine the work of the Council's
Finance Committee, under which the Inspection Team was formed and the
inspection was conducted, before you make any allegation to your colleagues.