Subject: Call for the 2nd Teleconference of the 5th Term Council

From: Liqun Dong <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 9 Nov 1993 22:40:01 -0800 (PST)

Call for the 2nd Teleconference of the 5th IFCSS Council

To    : IFCSS Council, IFCSS HQ, and IFCSS SVC
>From  : Dong Liqun, Council Chairperson
Date  : November 9, 1993
-------------------------------------------------------------------------

Dear Colleagues,

As been required by the IFCSS Council Bylaw, the 2nd regular Council
teleconference of the 5th IFCSS COuncil is called:

   Date: Saturday, November 20 1993
  Start: 9:00pm ET / 6:00pm PT.

The conference main agenda (may be changed) includes: IFCSS HQ work and 
finance report (1st quarter). IFCSS HQ staff and subcommittee chairpersons, 
all motions posed by Council members.

All motions to be raised in the teleconference must be posed on council 
e-mail network at least three days before the meeting time. In order to have
enough time to discuss and amend motions before the meeting and to cut the
meeting time, it is strong recommended that all Council members post their
motions in this week. Emergency motions can be raised at any time by
following the order of the conference.

All Council members are required to attend. IFCSS President and other HQ 
staff, and representatives from IFCSS SVC will be invited. Some working 
committee Chairperson nominees and other relevant guests might be invited 
if necessary. 

The teleconference shall be open to the public in means of:

   1. Anyone who would like to audit, please contact Chen Dong 
(301-405-5025 (o)), the Secretary of IFCSS Council, at least five working
days before the scheduled conference. Public audiences shall not speak or
disturb the meeting, any such action or attempts shall result in immediate
determination of all auditing connections. Public audiences shall pay for
their own expense, a $40.00 refundable deposit must be received before the
meeting starts.

   2. Or, audio tapes of the meeting can be obtained from Chen Dong one
week after the meeting. Please send your address and $4.00/cassatte to he
cost to:
         Mr. Chen Dong
         Lab. for Plasma Research
         University of Maryland
         College  Park, MD 20742

All participants please inform me the phone number which will be used for 
the teleconference no later than Nov. 18, 1993.

If you have any concerns and/or suggestions, please let me know as soon as
possible.

Dong Liqun (signed)
Chairperson of IFCSS Council

--------------------------------------------------------------------------

                The Order of the 2nd Teleconference
 
Note: This order is based on Council Bylaw, previous Council practices,
      and Robert's Rules of Order. Please comment before it is adopted.

1.   The order of the Council 2nd teleconference is recommended by the
Chairperson of IFCSS Council and shall be adopted by general consent or by
a majority vote of the Council members present in the teleconference.

2.   All main motions are debatable. Other motions shall be dealt with
according to Robert's Rules of Order. The debating time shall be limited
and controlled. For each motion, the sponser(s) shall have at most 3
minites to explain it before debate and every member shall have one (1)
minite to speak. If necessary, a second round of debate (1 minite for each
member) can be requested and seconded by Council members and approved by the
Chair. No more than two round debates shall be given to any motion.

     Council members can defer their speaking right once in each round.
Mamber's speaking shall not be accumulated or carried over to the next
round, but it can be given to, or borrowed from, another member during the
same round of the debate.

3.   For the Personnel Nominations proposed by HQ, the IFCSS President 
shall be given sufficient time to explain and answer questions. 

4.   The speaking order of members shall follow the order of the Council
Directory which shall be prepared by the Secretary of IFCSS Council.

5.   A motion shall be accepted as emergency motion by a majority vote of
Council members present in the meeting.

     Emergency motions shall be processed upon its acceptance.

6.   The conference business order shall be:

     On passage of the order of the teleconference;
     On passage of IFCSS HQ work and finance report (the 1st quarter);
     On passage of IFCSS HQ committee Chairperson, project managers
         (if provided) nominations;
     On passage of IFCSS Finance Inspection & Relevant Regulations;
     On passage of motions may be raised by Council members.

7.   The conference shall be presided by Council Chairperson.  The
co-chair shall take over responsibility when the Chairperson participates
in the debate.

8.   Any disputes or confusions shall be solved by following Council
Bylaw, (if not defined, then) Robert's Rules of Order.