From: Songlin Ren <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 11 Nov 93 11:49:42 -0500

*****************************************************************************

The Bill to the 2nd Council Teleconference  

<<Renomination of Zhang Qingsong as the Chief Editor of
	IFCSS News Letter>>

	-By Personnel Committee of 5th IFCSS Council

	Dear Chair and Co-Chair:

	The 5th IFCSS President Lin Changsheng has renominated 
	Mr. Zhang Qingsong as the Chief Editor of IFCSS News Letter 
	on September. 3, 1993 .   
	
	The Personnel Committee has interviewed him and has 
	preliminarily approved. Reviewing Mr. ZhangUs experience 
	and background, we think that Mr. Zhang is very qualified 
	for this position. On behalf the Personnel Committee of 
	Council, I feel greatly honored to strongly recommendation 
	Mr. Zhang Qingsong as  the Chief Editor of IFCSS News Letter. 
	We hope that the council approve the issue in the 2nd telemeeting.
	The Council should discuss the issue carefully and 
	consider the personnel arraignment independent on the financial 
	budget issue in the 2nd Telemeeting. 	 

	Ren Songlin
	Chair, Personnel Committee of the 5th IFCSS Council

*****************************************************************************

===============================================================
    My Recommendation for Zhang Qingsong as Editor in Chief
===============================================================

Dear Council Members:

    Because the IFCSS Newsletter is an important part of IFCSS's
grassroots and public relations work, it is urgent that an Editor
in Chief be appointed as soon as possible.

     I would like to strongly recommend Mr. Zhang Qingsong as the
Editor in Chief of the Newsletter.

    I recommend Mr. Zhang because I belief that he is the
best candidate available for this task. He has the commitment,
qualifications, zeal and abilities to be a good Editor in Chief
of the Newsletter.

    Mr. Zhang has an excellent educational background. He has a
B.A. in Modern Chinese History from Nanjing University, a M.A.
in Sino-American Relations from the University of Virginia, and
he is a Ph.D. candidate in American Immigration History at
the University of Virginia.

    Mr. Zhang is a veteran soldier of IFCSS. He has been a delegate
to IFCSS's 2nd, 4th and 5th Congresses. He was one of the founders
of IFCSS Human Rights Committee. He was IFCSS's local coordinator
for several years and he participated in a lot of IFCSS projects.
He was the local CSSS leader at the University of Virginia and
maintained a good relationship between IFCSS and CSSS at UVA.

    In the fourth term, Mr. Zhang postponed his dissertation
research to work in the HQ as the Executive Director. He was so
devoted to the IFCSS in the past year that he did not have time
to complete his dissertation even though some professors have been
demanding to review his dissertation for publication.

    Mr. Zhang has good relations with various student groups and
extensive connections within the CSS community. He has excellent
writing skills in both Chinese and English. He is familiar with
the history and operation of IFCSS and its branches. He has
excellent knowledge in word processing, database, and Chinese
computer editing. All these are necessary qualifications for a good
Editor in Chief.

     For these reasons, I hope that the Council will accept my
recommendation.

                                Sincerely,

                                Lin Changsheng
                                President of IFCSS

********************************* END ***************************************