Subject: IFCSS Anti-discrimination Watch

From: IFCSS HQ <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 11 Nov 1993 16:10:38 -0500

**************************************************************
IFCSS Headquarters News Release No. 5074          Nov 11, 1993
**************************************************************
Independent Federation of Chinese Students and Scholars (IFCSS)
   733 15th Street, N.W., Suite 440, Washington, D.C.20005
         Tel. (202)347-0017  Fax: (202)347-0018
                Email: [email-masked]

                      IFCSS Anti-Discrimination Watch
                      ===============================

The IFCSS HQ has paid particular attention to cases that Chinese
students and scholars are victimized by discrimination. The
converting chart at the Ball State University is one example in
point. Many of our members rallied behind Ms Hu Liqun to have the
chart corrected to measure up with the professional standard of
the university community in this country. The Ministry of
Education has accepted the appeal, and is currently investigating
the matter.

It is necessary to keep Virgil over possible discrimination
against CSS, and to fight for our rights and against injustice.
Therefore the HQ is organizing Anti-Discrimination Watch, an
IFCSS sub-committee, to be devoted to defending our rights and
fighting against discrimination. The HQ has appointed Ms Zhong
Ling to coordinate among the CSS community to such effect. The HQ
is also pleased to have Cai Rongwei, attorney at law with Tonkon,
Torp, Galen, Marmaduke & Booth, to be the committee's legal
council. 

The HQ is willing to provide initial help and assist the
committee to establish links to other civil rights groups
throughout America. But the Anti-Discrimination Watch's success
will depends entirely upon our members' input. Therefore we
strongly encourage you to participate. For more information and
volunteer work, please contact Ms Zhong Ling at (313)832-4306 and
send Email to [email-masked]   Thank you very much.

*********************************************************************
*                 IFCSS Headquarters Office                         *
*-------------------------------------------------------------------*
* President:      Lin Changsheng     Vice President:  Shi Heping    * 
* Exec. Director: Liu Xiaozhu        Chief of Staff:  Huang Songyun * 
*-------------------------------------------------------------------*
* PBS-L is IFCSS's news distribution list for individuals. To sign  *
* on or off from IFCSS E-mail mailing list, please send email to :  * 
*			[email-masked] 			    *
* leave the subject line open and put in the mail body:             *
*    (For signing on)      sub PBS-L last name first name           *
*    (For signing off)     unsub PBS-L last name first name         *
* For more information about IFCSS, write to [email-masked]   *
*********************************************************************