Subject: Re: multiple copies problem

From: [email-masked] (priv=-10 D.C.)
Date: Thu, 11 Nov 93 19:52:04 -0500

Part of the porblem is we shouldn't use council-wn and council-l at the
same time. council-l covers all council-wn. We probably shouldn't use this
council-wn anyway.

Anyway, Hongguang, how's the financial report ?
Do we have any agenda besides the financial report and the working committee
for this coming tele-conference ? Let's get warm up now.
BTW, we have to contact at least half of the schools in the area. Last time
nobody gave a report for this part. Hope we will do it this time.
-----------                                                 ____   __o
Dong Chen, LPR, U. of Maryland, College Park, MD20742, USA  ___   -\<,
[email-masked] (301)405-5025(O) (301)314-9437(fax)       ....0/ 0

---

From: [email-masked] (priv=-10 D.C.)
Date: Sun, 14 Nov 93 14:36:43 -0500

council-l is open to public, but it is just a working net for council.
All discussions, even not ready for public, should be sent to council-l.
Discussions post in council-l does not mean they are public annonuncements.
The purpose is let anybody interested to audit the council's working.
The HQ should be able to post and receive mails from council-l, and I think
they are, can yungui check this up?

As for council-wn, I don't know what it is for. But the original idea was to
set a channel for council members non-work related chatting.
So please don't send work related things to council-wn.

Dong Chen,

-----------                                                 ____   __o

---

From: [email-masked]
Date: 14 Nov 1993 14:30:22 -0500 (CDT)

Wang Jing,

The HQ has the posting privilege on council-l.
The HQ  can have communications with the Council in regard of IFCSS
work through this channel.  They have been able to send their proposals
to council-l.

Besides, the HQ has also sent its news release to the council-l net,
which was not the original arrangement and is definitely not encouraged.
The HQ's posting privilege should be restrained to its work communications
with the Council.

HQ can also send messages to council-wn to have informal communications
with the Council members.

So it seems the channels ARE ready :-) 

A few more words about -wn: As Chen Dong pointed out, it could be 
used for chatting. And it could be used for more, e.g., Council's
affair that has nothing to do with Council's duty and does not relate
to the policy making process could be communicated in -wn.
Such as, telephone bills and reimbursement, travel reimbursement,
and those "domestic chores" :-)

Yungui
Ding

---

From: [email-masked] (priv=-10 D.C.)
Date: Mon, 15 Nov 93 19:35:13 -0500

>From [email-masked]  Mon Nov 15 10:54:22 1993
>Date: Mon, 15 Nov 1993 09:53:16 -0600
>From: [email-masked] (Yuhe Liu)
>To: dong
>
>I don't think the council-wn is a good place for your colleagues to
>discuss the IFCSS work. It is supposed that the council is opened to
>public. But how? The council-wn not only excludes the public, but also
>the HQ and other IFCSS braches. I understand that sometimes there may be
>some issues which are very sensitive and the council does not have idea
>how to deal with them and need a place to discuss them. In such case,
>the council-wn may be used as a back-up. Even though, the HQ should not
>be excluded, since, in my oppinion, the relationship between the Council
>and HQ can not be any sensitive issues to the public.
>
>Yuhe
-----------                                                 ____   __o