Subject: [discussion] Wang Yu

From: WANG YU RAYMOND <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 20 Jan 1994 10:39:09 -0700

Dear Council Members:

Here are several points That I would like to make:

1)  The big issue right now is to settle the dispute over the financial 
    situation of the HQ.  Given today's condition, seems like the only
    way to do that is to hire a professional CPA to do it.  Let's make
    decision on which CPA to hire, set up a time table to work with, and 
    make our conclusion based on the report from CPA.  Let's focus our
    debate on this issue, not to speculate the financial operation on
    our own.  Quite frankly, once we hire a CPA, this financial issue
    is pretty much out of the Council's hands.  Let's wait for the report. 

    FC had claimed all along that they don't have complete info., I think
    it is safe to say neither do other council members.  So there is not
    much point to argue about HQ's finacial situation.

2)  If we decided to hire a CPA, there will be a issue of coordinating 
    their auditing/book-keeping (sorry for my inadequate vocabulary in
    this area) with the Council.  Seems that fitts well with FC's 
    function.  On the other hand, the sole purpose of the IT seems perish
    once we hire a CPA.  Regarding Mr. Cheng Dong's resolution on 
    deactivating the FC, I recommand the following changes:
    a) Dismiss the IT.
    b) Expand FC to include new Council member(s) from third party(so to 
       speak). 
    c) FC will be coordinating CPA with the Council. 
    If Mr. Cheng dissagree with me, I would like to rephrase the above
    points and propose it as a resulution. 

3)  My personal belief is: if we leave a subcommittee intact, we have to
    let it function fully.  However, given the FC's behavior on the Open
    Letter issue, I think it is necessary to define the power of a subcom.
    (FC in this case) more specifically, restrain it if needed.  The OL
    seems to be intended for public without the knowledge of the Council,
    and that is not following the rule.  I agree with Mr. Cheng Dong's
    resolution on defining the function of subcom.  Particularly, I want
    to propose restrains on FC's power in dealing with the public.  No
    more this kind of OL signed by FC yet without the knowledge and 
    confidence of the Council.

4)  Through out the course of the issue, emotion has played a role that
    is disproportional to its usefulness.  Let's try to be more rational.
    Let's try to down play the feeling of "If I don't go to hell, who does?"
    If you think you are in this thing, you are in this with other people.
    We are all in this togather.  Try not to throw away your confidence
    in your collegues.  Because if you do, so would they.  Like confidence
    in other people, rule is also a double edged swaord. If you follow
    it, you have a firm ground.  But if you decided to get off the track,
    it will hurt you.  Give the system a chance, try to solve disbute in
    the system.  Besides, if you don't trust the system, what is the point 
    to stay in it?  This is the chance and place to speak, by all means
    speak up and don't say :"I am not saying anything."

5)  As you might know, I am not involved in the decition making for most
    part of the issue.  But if it is true that the Council formed the FC
    with its full confidence, if it is true that the Council adopted the
    resolution to audit HQ's finacial activity, if it is true that the FC
    formed IT with the knowledge of the Council, for peace's sake, stand
    behind the decisions.  There is not much to it.  If the Council decides
    to change them, so be it.  But before it does, what's the ground for
    accusing those decisions?
    
6)  People are eager to jump up and accuse the HQ of bad book-keepin, how
    is it with the Council?  I have seen members argue about whether the
    Council did this or that.  Maybe we can release the record/log (if
    we have one) to members at least and get the facts straighten out.
    Seems everybody has a version of the story.  It is not worth the trouble
    to argue about them.  Get the facts out.  Don't throw jabs at each 
    other like that. 

Thats all, folks.  Thanks.

Wang Yu (signed)
Jan. 20, 1994

---

From: Hongguang Zhou <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 21 Jan 1994 01:33:46 -0500 (EST)

Mr. Wang Yu:

Would you please give us your phone # at which we can reach you? 
Thanks and reagards,

*---------------------------------------------------------------*
| Hongguang Zhou            Voice:                (404)727-0641 |
| Emory University          Fax:                  (404)727-0372 |
| Atlanta, GA 30322         Internet:[email-masked]|
*---------------------------------------------------------------*