Subject: Call for the 3rd Regular Meeting of the 5th Term Council

From: Liqun Dong <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 26 Jan 1994 12:02:59 -0800 (PST)

Call for the 3rd Regular Meeting of the 5th Term Council

To    : IFCSS Council, IFCSS HQ, and IFCSS SVC
>From  : Dong Liqun, Council Chairperson
Date  : January 26, 1994
-------------------------------------------------------------------------

Dear Colleagues,

As been required by the IFCSS Council Bylaw, the 3rd regular Meeting of 
the 5th IFCSS COuncil is called:

   Date:     Saturday, Febuary 5, 1994
  Start:     1:30pm (EST)
  Location:  Washington DC area.

The conference main agenda (may be changed) includes: IFCSS HQ working and 
finance report (half-year); the panel dicsussions on the relevant IFCSS 
issues, including finance system, grass-root and exchange, structure and 
possible amendments on Constitute and Bylaws; all motion posed by Council 
members and proposals submitted by IFCSS HQ.

It is strongly recommended that all motions to be raised in the meeting be 
posted on council e-mail network at least three days before the meeting 
time. Emergency motions can be raised at any time by following the order 
of the conference.

All Council members are required to attend. IFCSS President and other HQ 
staff, IFCSS SVC members, and other relevant guests will be invited. The 
meeting will be open to the public. Any one intereted in IFCSS affairs is 
welcome. 

If you have any concerns and/or suggestions, please let me know as soon as
possible.

Dong Liqun (signed)
Chairperson of IFCSS Council

--------------------------------------------------------------------------

                The Order of the 2nd Teleconference
 
Note: This order is based on Council Bylaw, previous Council practices,
      and Robert's Rules of Order. Please comment before it is adopted.

1.   The order of the Council 3rd regular meeting is recommended by the
Chairperson of IFCSS Council and shall be adopted by general consent or by
a majority vote of the Council members present in the teleconference.

2.   All motions should be promoted and forwarded to all council members 
in writing by the sponser(s) before the meeting time. The motions raised 
after that time will be treated as emergency motions.
   
3.   All main motions are debatable. Other motions shall be dealt with
according to Robert's Rules of Order. The debating time shall be limited
and controlled. For each motion, the sponser(s) shall have at most 3
minites to explain it before debate and every member shall have one (1)
minite to speak. If necessary, a second round of debate (1 minite for each
member) can be requested and seconded by Council members and approved by the
Chair. No more than two round debates shall be given to any motion.

     Council members can defer their speaking right once in each round.
Mamber's speaking shall not be accumulated or carried over to the next
round, but it can be given to, or borrowed from, another member during the
same round of the debate.

4.   The speaking order of members shall follow the order of the Council
Directory which shall be prepared by the Secretary of IFCSS Council.

5.   A motion shall be accepted as emergency motion by a majority vote of
Council members present in the meeting.

     Emergency motions shall be processed upon its acceptance.

6.   The conference business order shall be:

     On passage of the meetng order;
     On passage of IFCSS HQ work and finance report;
     On passage of working reports of all Council Committees;
     On passage of panel discussions:
           Finance system and its improvement,
           Grass-root and Exchange,
           IFCSS structure and corresponding amendments on the Constitute 
               and Bylaws; 
     On passage of motions may be raised by Council members.

7.   The conference shall be presided by Council Chairperson.  The
co-chair shall take over responsibility when the Chairperson participates
in the debate.

8.   Any disputes or confusions shall be solved by following Council
Bylaw, (if not defined, then) Robert's Rules of Order.

------------------------------------------------------------------------

              Temproray Agenda (Draft)

              Saturday, Febuary 5, 1994
                  Washington DC

1:30pm       On the passage of the meeting order, open speech

1:40-2:00    IFCSS working and Finance Reports

2:00-2:30    Working reports of all Council Commmittees
                     (all above presided by Ding Yungui)

2:30-3:30    Panel Discuss I: IFCSS Finance system and Improvement

                     Presided by Shen Tong

3:30-3:40    Break

3:40-4:30    Panel Discuss II: Grass-root and Exchange
   
                     Presided by Wang Jing

4:30-5:30    Panel Discuss II: IFCSS struture and the amendments on the
                     Constitute and the Bylaws

                     Presided by Chen Dong

5:30-7:00    Dinner Break

7:00- ???    Debate and vote on all motions on the floor 

                     Presided by Dong Liqun