Subject: My reply to IFCSS SVC's investigation (0)

From: [email-masked]
Date: 16 Jan 1994 01:22:16 -0500 (CDT)

Dear honorable SVC members:

In response to your call for reply to the investigation questionaire
designed by the SVC, I am sending the following several messages which
I hope will be of assistance to your investigation.

First of all, I am sorry I will not follow your questionair.
I don't think only answering to those questions would give a complete
description of the whole issue,considering its complicatedness and
controversial nature. It is my hope that an understanding of the
whole picture will be helpful to judge the appeals against me and
Zhou Hongguang.

Another important request I would like to make here is:
SVC member Luo Li-Shi should stand away from the investigation of these
cases and the decision on them. The reason is simple: he has voluntarily
involved himself in at least two of the most important occasions in
the key dispute about Mr. Bai Yan's participation in the Inspection
Team before the appeal cases were presented into the SVC.
And he has had his strongly biased opinions well before the SVC investigations
begins. That has been publicly known. (I will show you what role he has
played in the whole process in my following messages.) Considering his
deep involvement in the issue, I don't think he is still suitable 
to sit on the bench of the judges. 

In the following, I plann to provide you:

1. an unofficial record of the financial inspection;
2. Some notes on the record;
3. On Bai Yan's participation;
4. On my message to the Council on behalf of Zhou Hongguang;
5. On recent development of the issue;
6. A few words to conclude.

Due to my own busy study schedule, I may not be have all these ready
                                               ^able to
at once. I'll do my best. I understand you have set a deadline for
us to respond. I would like to ask your permission of some more time
for me to do the job.

I believe SVC as an institution will be able to make a fair judgement
on the whole issue and make a fair decision on the appeal cases,
although I do have reservations about Mr. Luo Li-Shi's impartiality.
Even about Mr. Luo Li-Shi's opinions on the issue, I respect his right
to have his own viewpoint. 

Thank you for your consideration.

Yungui Ding
Council member from Mid-West
Council co-chair

---

From: [email-masked]
Date: 18 Jan 1994 12:20:50 -0500 (CDT)