Subject: memo the each Council member (fwd)

From: Liqun Dong <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 7 Jan 1994 08:14:46 -0800 (PST)

---------- Forwarded message ----------
Date: Fri, 7 Jan 94 01:19:48 MST
From: Li-Shi Luo <[email-masked]>
To: [email-masked]
Cc: [email-masked]
Subject: memo the each Council member

Dear Liqun,

It's nice talking to you through the phone.
Hopefully you had a happy holliday season.

Enclosed please find a memo to the each of
the Council Member regarding to the pending
appeals. Could you please make sure that
every one of them receive this memo. And, 
please let me know when you receive this
message.

Thank you very much for time and efforts in
working with us to complete this task.

With best regards.

Sincerely yours,
Li-Shi Luo
The SVC Coordinater

####################################################################

To:  	 The '93-'94 IFCSS Council
From:    The '93-'94 IFCSS SVC
Subject: Investigation on Recent Appeals
Date:	 Jan. 7th, 1994

Dear IFCSS Council Member: 

There are two appeals pending in the Supervisory Committee (SVC)
of IFCSS. The appeals were submitted to the SVC by Mr. Li,
Jinghong, an IFCSS activist and a former IFCSS Council member and
the IFCSS Headquarter (HQ), respectively.  They concern the
Council Finance Committee's recent financial inspection on IFCSS
Headquarter's financial management.

Upon deliberation among the SVC members, the SVC concluded that
some information is necessary in addressing the appeals. The SVC 
hereby requests that each and every one of the Council Members
provide answers to the following questions.  Please answer the
questions as accurately and as promptly as possible.  Your
answers will be considered by the SVC to the effect of sworn
statements.  If the SVC does not receive your answers by Jan. 15,
1994, the SVC will consider that you have given up the rights as
a Council member in the regard of the appeals, unless specific
reasons are given. Otherwise, we shall act on the information we 
obtained via other means. 

I. The participation of Mr. Yan Bai in the Financial Inspection
   Team of the Council: 
   1) Had the Council adopted any resolution with regard to 
      Mr. Yan Bai's membership of the Inspection Team? 
      If yes, then
   2) The council members who have voted on the resolution please 
      provide the SVC with the time and circumstances under which 
      the above said resolution, if it existed, was adopted.

II. If there had not been a resolution of the Council approving
    Mr. Bai's participation, then:
    1) How and when did Mr. Yan Bai get involved in the inspection 
       process? 
    2) Are you aware of his involvement?  
    3) Who nominated him and approved of his involvement? 
    4) Were there proper introduction of Mr. Bai to the Council 
       with regard to his background and qualifications for the 
       inspection process? 

III. There had been a memo from the Council regarding to the
     composition of the Inspection Team, dated Nov. 6th, 1993. 
     Would each and every one of the council members please indicate
     1) Were you aware of this memo before its release? 
     2) Was there a voting on such a memo?
     3) Had you approved its release? And
     4) Who released it and had the council authorized him/her to do so?

IV. Publicizing of the reports by the Inspection Team to public:
    1) Were you aware of the reports before its release?
    2) To your knowledge, has the Council approved the report? 
    3) Has the council approved the release of the report to the public? 
       If yes, please provide the voting records (how and when).  
    4) Who actually did the issuing of the report to the public? 

V. The Council Taskforce: On Dec. 5th, 1993, Mr. Yungui Ding,
   the Co-Chairman of the Council announced the organization of
   a taskforce, which was to be an extension of the Inspection Team.
     Did the Council adopted any resolution in support of this
     decision or authorize Mr. Ding to make such an announcement? 
     If yes, please provide the official records.

Please direct your replies via US mail to 

	Mr. Kening Li
	503-L Eagle Heights 
	Madison, WI 53705 
	
or via Email to 

	[email-masked].
	
You will receive a hard copy of this letter by certified US mail
if you cannot be reached by e-mails.

Please acknowledge the reception of this message by e-mail if possible. 
Thank you very much for your time and efforts in working with us. 

Sincerely yours,

The Supervisory Committee 
IFCSS (signed by Kening Li)

---

From: [email-masked]
Date: 07 Jan 1994 14:09:57 -0500 (CDT)

Dear colleagues:

I have some concerns about the SVC's questionair.

1. I think the SVC should judge whether the Council, Council members, or
   Council sub-comittees are working along the line of the IFCSS Constitution,
   the by-law and/or regulations.

   As for the work of the Council's Finance Working Committee,
   I think the work for the SVC to do is to judge whether the Committee's
   inviting Bai Yan to assit its work on financial inspection and 
   representing the Council in financial matters obeys the Council's
   rules and IFCSS' other rules.

   SVC is IN NO POSITION to get into the micro-operation of the Council
   or its committee.

   TO the former aspect, I would re-iterate my understanding that, according
   to the proper regulations, the Council's work committee has the right
   to act on behalf of the Council in its work. The Finance Committee 
   has the right to act on behalf of the Council in financial matters.

2. I protest the SVC's raising the question item VI in the questionair
   (about publicizing such and such). Whether the mentioned publicizing
   is right or wrong is another thing, but the SVC can only take 
   a case raised to its attention. As judge, one CANNOT prosecute at
   the same time.

   I have not seen anyone appealing on anyone on this matter.

   The SVC has gone cross the line!

3. As for the appeal on "Taskforce", again, I think the SVC is taking 
   the WRONG issue to deal. It is not a case the Council co-chair 
   announced whatever for the Council. Please check with the original
   message.

   I was asked by Mr Zhou Hongguang to act on behalf of him regarding
   the then ongoing issues which bore the nature of urgency while he
   and other members were busy with their final examinations. 
   Nothing was done in the name of the Council's co-chair or the
   else. I was basically reporting the progress of the Finance Committee,
   making their work and decision known to my colleagues in the Council,
   neither making any decisions for the Finance Committee, nor else's!

   I would be great to plant something upon someone's head and claim it is
   a crime he or she committed, isn't it?!

   First, what I have done is right or not so right, one can judge.
   I believe I went by the rules and have not done anything wrong in the
   issues concerned. But, still I believe justice, although it may not
   necessarily come from the ongoing investigation conducted by the
   SVC currently with so many false accusations (outrageous!).

4. I need to learn more about the procedure of the SVC's work.
   If I understand correctly, the SVC is playing judge. 
   Then my questions are:

   Can a judge be working on a case even before it is presented 
   before the court?? --That seems to be the situation in both the
   investigations of Bai Yan's participation and the so-called 
   publicizing issue, and more.

   I request the SVC to answer this question and do some investigation
   first, before it conducts the investigation on any other issues.

Yungui
Ding