Subject: Rules Chair for the Council or HQ?

From: Hongguang Zhou <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 19 Jan 1994 19:34:24 -0500 (EST)

To:	Mr. Chen Dong, Chair of the Rules Committee

From:	Zhou Hongguang, Council Member from the Southeast

RE:	Are you the Council's Rule Chair or the HQ's Rule Chair?

Date:	1/19/94

As the Chair of the Council Rules Committee, you have the responsiblility
of reminding the all parties concerned to follow the rules. However, you
seem very biased in practice. When the HQ refused to continued to
implement the Council's Resolution on Auditing, you should remind the HQ
of the consequences of such a act. But you have choosen to keep in silince
and never remind your colleage at the Council that that act violates the
rules of the IFCSS.

Again, Mr. Lin Changsheng did not inform of any council member before he
landed in Beijing, again, you keep silent and has not yet stand out to
point out this action is breaking the rules.

However, when the Finance Committee had to present its report to the
Council and the public, you couldn't help jumping up. You want
silince the Finance Committee without any legal bases with current IFCSS
Constitution and by-laws. 

When the authority of the Council and your colleages at the
Council is stamped down by the HQ, you feel confortable and never bother to
point out the violation of the rules. When the Finance Committee carries
out its responsibility to executing the Council's resolution by reminding the
Council and the public, who has every right to know about everything about
the IFCSS, we don't understand why you feel very uncomfortable and
deactiviate the Finance Commiittee, the financial watchdog of the Council.

Sure, we won't ask your motivation, but we would like to ask are you the
Rules Chair for the Council or for the HQ?

---

From: [email-masked] (priv=-10 D.C.)
Date: Wed, 19 Jan 94 20:27:12 -0500

Get things straight!

I am the Rule Committee of Council not HQ, thanks for you pointed out.
Hence my duty is within the council.

As a council member, I expressed my unsatisfaction of some of their
actions. However, as I pointed out yesterday, I did not find any direct
rule violentions of HQ's behavior. If majority of council members thinks
HQ violent the rules, again as I pointed out yesterday, we should seek the
normal procedure, pass a resolution, appeal to SVC, then brought it to
public and possiblly impeach them.

But as council member, I am responsible for people who elected me.
I, and nobody, should play buddy-buddy.

If there are truth, it is the truth. Not Hq's truth, FC's truth, or
council's truth.
If you don't agree, give me the facts, quote the bylaw, Robert's Rule.

Dong,

          __                                         Mail address:
   ______/ /301-405-5025(O)____301-314-9437(fax)     Dong Chen
  / ____/ /_  ___  ___    / __ \____  ___  ____(C)   LPR, Univ. of Maryland
 / /   / __ \/ _ \/ _ \  / / / / __ \/ _ \/ __ \     College Park, MD 20742
/ /___/ / / /  __/ // / / /_/ / /_/ / // / /_/ / Email: [email-masked]
\____/_/ /_/\___/_//_/ /_____/\____/_//_/\__  /  "Do you know why communist
 __________________________________________/ /    can not be a good C++
/___________________________________________/     programer ?"   --D.C.