Subject: Re: [discussion]<Chen Dong> Re: HQ's operation

From: [email-masked]
Date: 19 Jan 1994 17:22:02 -0500 (CDT)

Dear Chen Dong,

I hope you are more careful when you acuse your colleagues in the Council
of so many serious "misconducts". For example, can you be sure Liqun did not
send a message to everyone about Bai Yan's in the IT well before the IT
went to DC. I would like to suggest you go back to check your email reocrd
before you make more allegations.

Yungui

---

From: [email-masked] (priv=-10 D.C.)
Date: Wed, 19 Jan 94 19:40:18 -0500

>went to DC. I would like to suggest you go back to check your email reocrd

I bring up the facts as best of my knowledge.
After Bai Yan went to D.C., HQ called me to ask why we council did inform
them. I then called Liqun. He told me he didn't know that. Later, he said
he knew Bia Yan was in the IT and involved about one weeks before. But he
stated he did not know Bia Yan was going to D.C. until the last minutes.

After I check my message, I did not see any thing Liqun post about Bai Yan,
except at a mail informed us the taiwan trip, he said he also want to
Bai Yan's help for Finance Committee.

Here is the earliest message every send to council (council-wn, council-l)
and it was from Liqun'

-------------------
From: Liqun Dong <[email-masked]>
Subject: Taiwan Trip, Auditing, and My Acount
To: IFCSS Council <[email-masked]>

To All Council colleagues:

.....

2. IFCSS Accounts Auditing. I hope we can finish this tough event as soon
as possible. Yes, there might be some problems in the IFCSS financial
system and it definitely should be improved. But at first, we should find
out what and where the problem(s) is(are). The second teleconference will
be coming soon. Thanks for Qi Bing, Liu Chen, and Hongguang's hard work
and Bai Yan's help. Hopefully, we can complete the auditing soon.

-------------------

Don't believe me. Do research yourself. And colleagues, do you remember when
was the first time you knewn about Bai Yan's involvement, and when did you
know he was in the IT, when did you know he actually went to DC.

I also  digged out some files related to IT's personal (as much as I can),
please correct me.

=====================
>From [email-masked]  Wed Sep  1 00:20:13 1993
Subject: Inspection Agenda (Draft)
......
Proposed by Finance Committee  Drafted by Zhou Hongguang
......
2. Parties involved:
2.1     IFCSS Council: Shen Tong, Qi Bing, Zhou Hongguang
2.2     HQ:     President and Treasurer of the 4th term
                President and Treasurer of the 5th term
2.3     IFCSS SVC: one member as an observer:
.....
=====================
>From chair  Wed Sep 22 23:07:09 1993
>From:    Dong Liqun (signed), IFCSS Council Chair
         Ding Yungui (Signed), IFCSS Council Co-chair
         IFCSS Council Finance Committee (signed, Zhou Hongguang)
........
Mr. Zhou Hongguang will be coordinating the whole process of inspection.
He will contact the HQ staff for detailed arrangement of the insepction
The Council will appreciate your cooperation.
........
Enclosure:

                        Agenda
                          for
The Site Examination of IFCSS HQ Financial and Assets Situation
                           by
              IFCSS Council Inspection Team
                    September 7, 1993
Proposed by Finance Committee  Drafted by Zhou Hongguang

1. Time and Place

1.1     Time: Undecided
1.2     Place: IFCSS HQ Office, Washington, D.C.

2. Parties involved:

2.1     IFCSS Council: Shen Tong, Qi Bing, Zhou Hongguang
2.2     HQ:     President and Treasurer of the 4th term
                President and Treasurer of the 5th term
............
=========================
>From chair  Sat Nov  6 20:22:23 1993
Subject: Memo: The Council Inspection Team Has Been in D.C.
Date:  November 6, 1993

To:    IFCSS HQ
Cc:    IFCSS Supervisory Committee, council-l net

>From:  IFCSS Council
       Signed by:       Dong Liqun, Chair;
                        Ding Yungui, Co-Chair
                        Zhou Hongguang, Coordinator of the Inspection Team
Subj:  The Inspection Team Is in DC

The Council Inspection Team of 4 members have been in DC to inspect
the IFCSS HQ's accounting and property records.

Besides Council members Mr Liu Chen, Mr. Qi Bing, and Mr. Zhou Hongguang,
the Council has invited Mr. Bai Yan of Texas to join the team to provide
some technical help to the financial matters.

It is pitiful that the HQ had not been informed of the Inspection Team
composition in advance. We are sorry if that caused any inconvennience to
the process of the inspection.

The council is grateful that Mr. Bai Yan volunteers his time and expertise
to help the cause of IFCSS. While his coming to the HQ as one of the
team members, as authorized by the Council, is in compliance with the
IFCSS Financial Regulation (see article 11), we hope he will be given the
proper privilege the inspection team members are entitled.

Your continuing cooperation will be highly appreciated.
================================
>From [email-masked]  Mon Nov  8 08:50:19 1993
>From:  Songlin Ren
        5th IFCSS Council Member

To:       All members of 5th IFCSS Council Member
        and
                    Dong Liqun, Chair;
                        Ding Yungui, Co-Chair
                        Zhou Hongguang, Coordinator of the Inspection Team

Subj:  PROTEST

Who has the authority to invite Mr. Bai Yan to be the team of Council? As a
Council member I do not know anything about this. The Chair and Co-Chair or
financial committee have NOT inform any Council member before the matter.
Chair and Co-Chair have NOT have such power to say "Council invite Mr. Bai
Yan" as a Financial Team. Mr. Bai Yan is NOT invited be COUNCIL !!!
It is very good for the inspection  that Mr. Bai Yan be volunteer to do this.
I am appreciate his help. BUT at least the Financial Committee or
Chair should inform all of the Council member before he come to HQ.
At this point, I am STRONG against the  action and I PROTEST the
Chair and Co-Chair and Financial Committee !!!

We should know the Chair and Co-Chair are not special member of the
Council. They only can speak out under the CouncilUs decision. The
Financial Committee is a working committee in the Council, it can not
independent to do anything. The inspection was decided by last
Teleconference, but we do not give them the rightto invite any one.

Songlin Ren
5th IFCSS Council Member
===================================

          __                                         Mail address:
   ______/ /301-405-5025(O)____301-314-9437(fax)     Dong Chen
  / ____/ /_  ___  ___    / __ \____  ___  ____(C)   LPR, Univ. of Maryland
 / /   / __ \/ _ \/ _ \  / / / / __ \/ _ \/ __ \     College Park, MD 20742
/ /___/ / / /  __/ // / / /_/ / /_/ / // / /_/ / Email: [email-masked]
\____/_/ /_/\___/_//_/ /_____/\____/_//_/\__  /  "Do you know why communist
 __________________________________________/ /    can not be a good C++
/___________________________________________/     programer ?"   --D.C.

---

From: [email-masked] (priv=-10 D.C.)
Date: Wed, 19 Jan 94 20:11:30 -0500

Sorry, in my last mail, I made a typo. My apology.

>After Bai Yan went to D.C., HQ called me to ask why we council did inform
                                                                   ^ not

          __                                         Mail address:

---

From: [email-masked]
Date: 19 Jan 1994 20:11:45 -0500 (CDT)

Chen Dong,

Since Liqun had informed all of us in the network of Bai Yan's 
involvement in the Council's auditing work, we could not say we
did not know anything about it, could we?

Yungui

---

From: [email-masked] (priv=-10 D.C.)
Date: Wed, 19 Jan 94 22:31:46 -0500

>did not know anything about it, could we?

Sure, we know Bai Yan helped, as I know other people helped also.
But how much do we know besides this ?
Did we have the procedure or not ?

Let's not shift the issue. The major issue of the meeting is about the
"Open Letter" and the consequence.

Dong,

          __                                         Mail address: