Subject: A Proposal From IFCSS New Comers Working Committee

From: [email-masked] (priv=-10 D.C.)
Date: Fri, 28 Jan 94 17:26:19 -0500

>From [email-masked]  Fri Jan 28 16:03:18 1994
Date: Fri, 28 Jan 94 15:02:55 CST
From: [email-masked] (Chengyan Liu)
To: [email-masked]
Subject: A Proposal From IFCSS New Comers Working Committee
Cc: dong
Status: R

Proposal to set up <Academic Fund for CSS New Comers (CSS NCs)>
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

CSS community New Comers (CSS NCs) refer to Chinese student or scholar who
came to the United States after April 11th, 1990 and currently hold valid
F-1, J-1 or H-1 visas.

It is well noticed that many CSS NCs have less opportunities to access 
various supporting funds to participate academic conferences and present 
papers. As these academic activities are crucial for the career of CSS 
NCs, the IFCSS New Comers Working Committee take this opportunity to 
propose for setting up the Academic Fund to benefit CSS NCs.
 
At the current time, the proposed Academic Fund will assist CSS NCs in 
the form of partial reimbursement for participating academic conferences 
and presenting papers in academic and scientific conferences. Every CSS 
NCs is eligible for application of this fund. 

IFCSS New Comers Working Committee will form a sub-committee, which 
consists five members, to administrate the Academic Fund at monthly 
basis. Its duties include accepting application, verifying the conference
information and authorizing the reimbursement.

The application should reach Academic Fund administration no late than two
weeks before the conference. The application should include applicant's 
resume, one reference letters and acceptance notification from the confer-
ence organizer. The Academic Fund administration will notify the applicant
for whether his/her application has been accepted and advise applicant 
which expense may be covered by the partial reimbursement. The Academic
Fund administration will authorize the reimbursement to the applicant after 
it received the necessary receipts.

The initial fund amount of $1,500 should come from IFCSS. Continuing 
support from IFCSS with no less than the initial amount of funding in a
yearly basis will be essential for the Academic Fund. The Academic Fund
administration will further seek other channels for funding and other 
programs may proposed later to promote academic excellence and career
information exchange between CSS NCs. 

IFCSS New Comers Working Committee  

          __                                         Mail address:
   ______/ /301-405-5025(O)____301-314-9437(fax)     Dong Chen
  / ____/ /_  ___  ___    / __ \____  ___  ____(C)   LPR, Univ. of Maryland
 / /   / __ \/ _ \/ _ \  / / / / __ \/ _ \/ __ \     College Park, MD 20742
/ /___/ / / /  __/ // / / /_/ / /_/ / // / /_/ / Email: [email-masked]
\____/_/ /_/\___/_//_/ /_____/\____/_//_/\__  / "Why a communist can not be
 __________________________________________/ / a good C++ programer ?" -D.C.
/___________________________________________/ "They want destory all classes."