Subject: Announcement on the restarting the e-mail meeting (fwd)

From: Liqun Dong <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 20 Jan 1994 17:14:14 -0800 (PST)

---------- Forwarded message ----------
Date: Thu, 20 Jan 1994 14:51:51 -0800 (PST)
From: Liqun Dong <[email-masked]>
To: IFCSS Council <[email-masked]>
Cc: IFCSS HQ <[email-masked]>, IFCSS SVC <[email-masked]>
Subject: Announcement on the restarting the e-mail meeting

To: IFCSS Council
CC: IFCSS HQ, IFCSS SVC
From: Liqun Dong
      Chairperson of IFCSS Council
RE: To restart the e-mail emergency meeting
Date: January 20, 1994

All Council Colleagues:

      Because of the lack of quorum, I closed the proposed meeting at 
8:30 (PST) of Jan 16, Sunday. After that time, there are several councils 
signed on the meeting and the meeting quorum has been rearched. 
Considering the technical problem in our council net and some probable 
misunderstandings among councils, I have discussed with many council 
members and compared all possibilities mentioned/debated in the net and in 
intensive talks this two days. Right now, I formally announce to re-open 
the e-mail meeting with the deadline of Jan 24, Monday, 
20:59(EST)/17:59(PST).

      The followings are some further issues relevant:
1. The presence: all councils who have signed on the meeting before can 
be accounted as their presence; and please sign on formally before Jan 
21, Friday, 18:00(EST)/15:00(PST)if you have not signed on. Otherwise, 
you will be regarded as absence with no regular reason.

2. Net:  I accept Mr. Chen Dong's suggestion and the meeting will be 
conducted in the council's working net:
           [email-masked].

3. All the debates and votes on the posted resolutions should be put 
into meeting record if there is no further amendment, even though in the 
inactive period of the meeting. The deadline of vote is Jan 24, Monday, 
at 20:59(EST)/17:59(PST).

4. Any amendment on the posted resolutions and any emergency motion should 
be sent to the net no later than Jan 22, Saturday, at 20:59(EST)/17:59(PST).
Otherwise, it can not be accepted by the meeting simply because of the 
difficulties on voting and further discussion on the e-mail system.

5. The resolutions (motions) need to be voted until now in the meeting 
are (as Chen Dong's numbering):
        CPA proposal by HQ
        [CP5026] temporally inactive Finance Committee
        [CP5027] amendment to council bylaw
        [CP5028] open the "finance-net".

Liqun Dong (signed)
Chairperson of IFCSS Council

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

I sent above announcement about two hours ago. I need to make sure all of 
you receive this announcement. Actually, I have net received it in both 
of my accounts used for IFCSS affairs, [email-masked] in council-l 
list and [email-masked] in council-wn. Yungui and Chen Dong, 
could you please check the council net again?

Liqun

---

From: [email-masked] (priv=-10 D.C.)
Date: Thu, 20 Jan 94 20:32:45 -0500

Liqun, I got your post from council-l just minutes ago.
BTW, your account in council-wn has been changed to [email-masked],
if you want me to change it back, let me know.

Also, if anybody does not have a copy of the meeting package (CPA recommendation,
proposal, resolutions) , let me know, I will forward one to you.
          __                                         Mail address:
   ______/ /301-405-5025(O)____301-314-9437(fax)     Dong Chen
  / ____/ /_  ___  ___    / __ \____  ___  ____(C)   LPR, Univ. of Maryland
 / /   / __ \/ _ \/ _ \  / / / / __ \/ _ \/ __ \     College Park, MD 20742
/ /___/ / / /  __/ // / / /_/ / /_/ / // / /_/ / Email: [email-masked]
\____/_/ /_/\___/_//_/ /_____/\____/_//_/\__  /  "Do you know why communist
 __________________________________________/ /    can not be a good C++
/___________________________________________/     programer ?"   --D.C.

---

From: Songlin Ren <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 21 Jan 1994 17:51:18 GMT

I've got the reopen announcement.

Songlin Ren