Subject: My reply to SVC (I): an unofficial record of the whole issue

From: [email-masked]
Date: 16 Jan 1994 01:25:28 -0500 (CDT)

--------------- an unofficial record of the whole issue ---------------------

August 14, 1993 Council Teleconference, 1st session
   Resolution on Financial Inspection of HQ, sponsored by the Council
   Finance Committee.

   Not passed. 

August 21, 1993 Council Teleconference, 2nd session
   The resolution was reconsidered, and passed.
   (Council Resolution CP5020).

   After the first sessioin, the HQ lobbied the Council members, trying
   to block the reconsidering of the resolution, on some occation in
   some unethical ways.

   As a result of a lot pressure, the Finance Committee Chair Shen Tong
   asked to resign from the Committee and from the Chair position in the
   second session. Requested by many, she agreed to remain in the Council,
   but she since then did not want to participate in the financial 
   inspection, which she had initiated and been advocating for.

The Finance Committee began to work on the inspection after the 
   Council's first Teleconference. An Inspection Team was formed with
   Mr Zhou Hongguang as the coordinator.
   
   The IT sent the inspection agenda to the HQ on September 7, 1993.

September 22, 1993
    
   The Council sent a memo to the HQ with the signatures of Council chair
   Dong Liqun, Co-chair Ding Yungui, and IT coordinator Zhou Hongguang (DDZ).
   The memo reiterates the IT's agenda and the request for needed accounting
   records. The HQ is extemely slow to give out the record.

October 7, 1993
   The Council sent a memo to the HQ, asking the required documents,
   and informing the HQ of the delay of the on site inspection due to the
   fact that the IT lacked of needed records. 

October 24, 1993
   Zhou Hongguang sent a memo to the HQ treasurer further asking documents.

October 28, 1993 

   The HQ sent a memo to the Council, claiming that the HQ had sent
   the listed documents to the IT.

   The Council replied right away with a memo signed by DDZ, stating it
   has not received the claimed documents and asking the HQ to cooperate
   with the Council by providing needed records. A detailed list of
   requested materials was sent alnong with the memo.   

October 20, 1993
   Council Chair Dong Liqun informed all Council members of Bai Yan's
   involvement in the IT work in his message updating the Council
   work. 

October 29, 1993
   The Council issued in its newsrelease to the CSS community a call for
   expertise in accounting and financial management, to help the Council
   in the course of professionalize IFCSS's finance system. Two responses
   (including Bai Yan's) were received.

   Bai Yan, was invited to join the IT. Council chair and co-chair were 
   informed of such arrangement, and they agreed with Bai Yan's going to DC. 

November 5-7: 
   The Council IT consisting of Council members Liu Chen,
   Qi Bing, and Zhou Hongguang, and invited volunteer Mr Bai Yan,
   were in the HQ to conduct the inspection. 

   President Lin Changsheng  and SVC Coordinator disagreed with Mr. Bai Yan's 
   participation in IT and therefore access to the accounting record. 
   Their refusal reason is that HQ was not informed of in advance.  

   The Council issued another memo to HQ, signed by DDZ, on Nov 6,
   reconfirming Bai Yan is authorized to be a member in the IT, and asking
   the HQ to give him the approriate previliges as other members
   according to the IFCSS Council Financial Regulations

   After the memo and communications between the Council Chair and Mr. Lin
   and Mr. Luo, President Lin Changsheng and SVC Coordinator Luo Li-Shi
   agreed to let Bai Yan participate in the inspection. IT started its work. 

   Because most of the financial records at the HQ is in chaotic states, 
   the IT had to do bookkeeping for the treasurer. IT did complete aduditing
   on site.

   On November 7, when the IT left HQ office, a memo was left to the 
   the IFCSS treasurer, asking her to continue to provide the necessary
   materials to the Council. 

Nov 8, 1993

   Council member Ren Songlin sent a message to the Council-l, complaining
   about not being aware of Bai Yan's joining the IT. Apparently, he forgot
   the notice from Dong Liqun regarding Bai Yan's participation in IT. 
   Ding Yungui replied.

Nov ?, 1993 

  Instead of complying to the Council's Finance Committee's request, the
  treasurer chosed to send a rebuttal to the Council on November ? on 
  public net, which was later carried by CCF with a rebuttal from FC.

  The IT sent out a long progressive report to the Council-l net,
  reporting their progress in inspection.

Nov 20, 1993 Council's second Teleconference
  The Finance Committee made a progressive report of the inspection.
  Jian Zuihong was asked to explain.
  Supervisory Committee Coordinator Luo Lishi rudely questioned and
  attacked Bai Yan's personally integrity and academic qualification.
  The normal proceeding of the meeting was interrupted.

  The Finance Committeee concluded that it would continue to work on it.

December 1993, after the Teleconference:
  Ding Yungui announced FC's progress, including the intention to extend
  IT into a taskforce, on behalf of Zhou Hongguang. 
  LJH appealed against Ding Yungui in regard to task force formation.

  HQ appealed against Zhou Hongguang about the inspection issue, charging  
  Zhou Hongguang of dishonesty, and questioning Bai Yan's qualification;

  HQ publicly attacked Zhou Hongguang's personal integrity in its news
  release.

  HQ announced its plan to invite external CPA to compile IFCSS' accounting
  record. Council FC released a memo to welcome
  the positive move of HQ, and required the HQ to submit to the Council
  a timetable of the bidding and inform the Council of the procedure.

  FC announced its plan to have a second on-site inspection.

  HQ openly refuses to receive Council IT, violating the IFCSSS By-laws and
  challenging the authority of the Council.
 
  On behalf of the Financial Committee and on behalf of the Council
  Chair, Zhou Hongguang travelled to D.C. alone in the hope to
  exchange views and reach a comprimising solution.

January 1994 
  Council Finance Committee released an Open Letter about the irregularities
  exsisted in IFCSS accounting record, and urge the Council members and
  CSS' to pay attention to the IFCSS financial situation in order to 
  make the HQ open its accounting record to the Council's auditing.

  Council Finance Committee appealed to SVC on Lin Changsheng's blocking of
  financial inspection.

  SVC begins to investigate on Bai Yan's joining IT and Ding Yungui's
  announcement of the taskforce. 
  
  Li Jinghong sent more appeals to SVC on the Open Letter.

  ...

---

From: [email-masked]
Date: 17 Jan 1994 16:20:48 -0500 (CDT)

From:	IN%"[email-masked]" 16-JAN-1994 01:25:38.36
To:	IN%"[email-masked]", IN%"[email-masked]", IN%"[email-masked]", IN%"[email-masked]", IN%"[email-masked]", IN%"[email-masked]", IN%"[email-masked]"
CC:	
Subj:	My reply to SVC (I): an unofficial record of the whole issue

Date: 16 Jan 1994 01:25:28 -0500 (CDT)
From: [email-masked]
Subject: My reply to SVC (I): an unofficial record of the whole issue
To: [email-masked], [email-masked], [email-masked],
 [email-masked], [email-masked], [email-masked], [email-masked]

--------------- an unofficial record of the whole issue ---------------------

   Not passed. 

   

September 22, 1993

October 7, 1993

October 24, 1993

October 28, 1993 

October 20, 1993

October 29, 1993

November 5-7: 

Nov 8, 1993

Nov ?, 1993 

 

January 1994 

  

  ...