Subject: Re: Rules are more important.

From: Hongguang Zhou <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 18 Jan 1994 00:32:58 -0500 (EST)

Mr/Ms. Xu Yi:

Thank you for your attention concern over the fate of IFCSS.

Seems you are a IFCSS Vet, I would like to your help me with one
question:

Ever since the founding of the IFCSS, IFCSS has claimed in its
Constitution to represent all CSS in USA. 

If the IFCSS cannot present a clear finacnial book of the public funds,
which is under the trustee of the IFCSS, to the CSS,-- as a matter of fact
it is unfortunately the case now---, how can the IFCSS still claims to be
the organization for those CSS? If it violates some "regulations"
simply because of letting the CSS public know what they should know and
they must be informed of---the picture of the IFCSS HQ financial situation,
one cannot but ask why you IFCSS officials are so feard to let us, the average
CSS for whom you claim to represent know that? 

And why you, the Council Members, the Legal Persons of the IFCSS (please
refer to the IFCSS Constitution and the Maryland Corporation Law),
epsecially the those members who serve on the Finance Committee--" the
Financial Watchdog of the IFCSS Council", try so hard to keep us CSS from
knowing what's really going on with IFCSS?

If it is that case, the fate of IFCSS is really worriedsome. What do you
think?

Thanks and reagrds,

Zhou Hongguang
5th IFCSS Council Member from the Southwest

On Mon, 17 Jan 1994, Xu Yi wrote:

> Dear friends,
>     I have been listening to all the debate silently (sorry for the silence).
> However, I now feel the obligation to say a few words.
>     Much of the debate has been focused on the content of the open letter
> by the Council Financial Committee. I think what is more at stake is whether
> the IFCSS Constitution and bylaws and the Council bylaws were violated by
> those of the FC members responsible for the open letter. The FC, as a sub-
> committee of the Council, has no right whatsoever to act as an entity
> independent of the Council. In a case of Counsitiution violation as severe
> as this one, those who were responsible should be disciplined.
>     We have been too used to do and judge things based solely on truth values.
> The essence of democracy is play by the rules. If we can't guarentee that
> rules are seriously followed, there will be no future for IFCSS.
>     I do not mean to say that truth is not important. It is. However, the
> current crisis is a result of rule violation, rather than simple mis-
> interpretation of the truth.
> 
> Xu Yi