Subject: [fwd] Open Letter to IFCSS Council Members

From: [email-masked] (priv=-10 D.C.)
Date: Tue, 11 Jan 94 10:44:40 -0500

>From [email-masked]  Tue Jan 11 10:39:26 1994
Date: Tue, 11 Jan 94 10:40:39 -0500
From: [email-masked] (Jinghong Li)
Posted-Date: Tue, 11 Jan 94 10:40:39 -0500
To: [email-masked]
Subject: Open Letter to IFCSS Council Members
Cc: [email-masked]
Status: R

please forward to council-l, thanks
=============================

               Open Letter to IFCSS Council Members

                                                 Jinghong Li
                                                 University of Dayton
                                                 Jan. 11, 1994

Dear IFCSS 5th Term Council Members,

Being a member of the IFCSS Council, you enjoy the rights as an independent
individual in this country like everyone else.  What make you different 
from the rest of the Chinese students/scholars (CSS) is that they gave you
their trust and you accepted certain responsibilities.  As a Council
member, you have the privilege to represent CSS in your region, and you have
the duty to uphold the principles declared by the IFCSS Constitution.

There is nothing wrong to be invited to join a private group or email net
regardless what its goal is, be it support IFCSS or win the next election.
After all, only better communication can make an organization work well.
When dealing complex issues and when there is the "gray" area of right or 
wrongs, there is nothing wrong for holding similar views with people who 
happen to be in the same private group.  

However, if a Council member puts personal or a small group's interests 
above IFCSS when performing his/her duty, if a Council member closes his/her
eyes in front of right and wrongs clear as black-and-white, and blindly 
supports "friends" and opposes "opponents", everything is wrong.

I sincerely hope that all IFCSS officials to keep in mind of their duties 
and responsibilities.  No one can force you to do anything except your own
sense of justice and integrity.  Please remember, it is the interests of 
IFCSS and your personal credibility on line.  And people are watching.

Thank you for your attention.

                                                Sincerely,

                                                Jinghong Li (signed)

CC: IFCSS HQ, SVC, IFCSSVC, and public nets

          __                                         Mail address:
   ______/ /301-405-5025(O)____301-314-9437(fax)     Dong Chen
  / ____/ /_  ___  ___    / __ \____  ___  ____(C)   LPR, Univ. of Maryland
 / /   / __ \/ _ \/ _ \  / / / / __ \/ _ \/ __ \     College Park, MD 20742
/ /___/ / / /  __/ // / / /_/ / /_/ / // / /_/ / Email: [email-masked]
\____/_/ /_/\___/_//_/ /_____/\____/_//_/\__  /  "Do you know why communist
 __________________________________________/ /    can not be a good C++
/___________________________________________/     programer ?"   --D.C.