Subject: [fwd] from Mu Liyue

From: [email-masked] (priv=-10 D.C.)
Date: Thu, 20 Jan 94 03:42:47 -0500

>From [email-masked]  Thu Jan 20 01:55:22 1994
Date: Thu, 20 Jan 94 01:55:11 EST
From: Liyue Mu <[email-masked]>
To: dong
Subject: Hot Dogs
Status: R

Hi, Chen Dong,

Could you do me a favor by forwarding the following on the Council
net?

Thanks you very much.

Liyue

*************************************************************************

     With so much interesting, I have read all the messages regarding
the issues of the FC open letter and the on coming council email meeting.
I feel very uneasy that some of our council colleagues are totally in love
of so called in-nest struggling, or Wo1 Li3 Dou4. Is that the image of
our beloved IFCSS? Is that the first step of the professionalizing of the
Council operation?

    Here, I'd like to share some of my personal points about these "Hot
Dogs":

    (1) THE RELATIONSHIP BETWEEN THE HQ, SVC AND THE COUNCIL. To my
understanding, this relationship should be COOPERATION. Back to the
IFCSS short history, I find the IFCSS can serve the CSS community
most only when the "Big Three" was in a healthy constructive cooperation.
I guess all the VCs agree with at this point. IFCSS philosophy is NOT 
struggling philosophy. 

       Now, the question is how can we build up a constructive relationship
within the IFCSS? The answer is UNDERSTANDING. A week ago, FC posted an 
open letter upon the HQ financial saturation, let's assume all the numbers
in that open letter are the FACTS, but, may I ask a question: Are these 
only the partial facts, or the complete facts ? If the open letter gave
us incomplete HQ financial records, I suggest the FC retreat all its 
offensive accuses to the HQ and its staffs, and write another open letter
to apology to CSS for its mistakes. If FC's numbers is complete and 
correct, some of the HQ staffs should in a law suit, and the FC's work
will be appreciated by the CSS. I called one of the FC member a week ago
about the open letter, I asked him: do you have any idea how much money
the HQ spend a year usually? He said he had no idea. So, I think the FC
has NO UNDERSTANDING at all to HQ at least on IFCSS financial operation.
I hope every thing should be clear on the Feb Round-table meeting.

       Well, besides the not-understanding, I feel so bad about some 
personal attacks in these open letter debates. Before all the facts
be cleared, DO NOT accuse anybody personally. In a message I read
few days ago, as for my feeling, Treasure Jiang Zhui Hong was almost
accused to be a criminal upon the unconfirmed data. This makes me recall 
"the Great Culture Revolution". Is that the "China style professionalism" 
of our Council?

     (2) Focus on the important issues which the most CSS concern. The
IFCSS president is in China now, this is a historical contact between
the IFCSS and the Chinese government, I guess many of our CSS are in
deep concern on this event. If the council member can really reflect
the local CSS opinions, could the council members collect their local
CSS concerns for the HQ, in order the HQ can really image our CSS's
demands to the Chinese government. 

        Up to this point, I strongly support Chenjian and other VC's
suggestion, spend out time on the discussion of the future of IFCSS,
I personally do not like IFCSS guys in a hot "Wo1 Li3 Do4" (in-nest
struggling).

    (3) Some guys talking about "politics" in their debates. To my
knowledge, running politics is for the POWER, it should follow
rules. If anyone does not involve in the power, not follow rules, 
he is no more than a journalist, not a politician.

Thanks for your reading,

Liyue Mu

          __                                         Mail address:
   ______/ /301-405-5025(O)____301-314-9437(fax)     Dong Chen
  / ____/ /_  ___  ___    / __ \____  ___  ____(C)   LPR, Univ. of Maryland
 / /   / __ \/ _ \/ _ \  / / / / __ \/ _ \/ __ \     College Park, MD 20742
/ /___/ / / /  __/ // / / /_/ / /_/ / // / /_/ / Email: [email-masked]
\____/_/ /_/\___/_//_/ /_____/\____/_//_/\__  /  "Do you know why communist
 __________________________________________/ /    can not be a good C++
/___________________________________________/     programer ?"   --D.C.