Subject: IFCSS HQ Weekly Journal (January 24-30, 1994)

From: IFCSS HQ <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 31 Jan 1994 11:50:58 -0500

[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[

    M      M M   M M M   M    MMMMMM M M   MMMMMMMMM  M  MMMMMMM
   M M     M M   M M M   M     M  M  M M   M   M   M  M  M     M
  M   M   mmmmm MMMMMMM MMMMM  MmmM MMMMM  MmmmmmmmM  M  M    mM
 M     M  mmMmm M     M M   M  M  M   M    M   M   M MMM M     
M MMMMM M mmMmm   MMM   MmmmM  MmmM   M    MmmmmmmmM  M  M MMMMM
    M       M       M   M   M  M  M MMMMM  M   M   M  M  M  M M
  MMMMM  mmmMmmm MMMMM  MmmmM MMMMM   M    M MMMMM M MMM M   M 
    M      M M      M   M   M     M  M M   M M   M M  M  M  M M
  MMMMM   M   M    MM   MMMMM     M M   M  M MMMMM M mM  M M   M
                                                                 
[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[

  IFCSS HQ WEEKLY JOURNAL (January 24 to 30, 1994)
  ================================================

The IFCSS HQ Weekly Journal is published weekly to provide
information on the IFCSS Headquarters daily activities. It aims
to increase the openness and transparency of the IFCSS, and to
encourage criticisms, suggestions and active participation from
our members.

               January 24, Monday
Lin Changsheng returned to the HQ from his China trip, and the HQ
began its evaluation.

The HQ provided all its financial information to the CPA firm
that will compile and evaluate the IFCSS accounts.

The HQ was contacted and invited by the Howard University's
language institute for a social event.

The HQ staff worked with the IGS to solve problems of the medical
insurance program at Purdue.

               January 25, Tuesday
The HQ was contacted by the Organization of the Chinese Americans
(OCA) for cooperation.

The HQ continued to assist Jeff W.S. Lin in finishing the work as
listed in News Release 5100.

The HQ staff talked to Hu Liqun about her case to remove the
discriminatory converting chart at the Ball State University.

               January 26, Wednesday
The HQ issued the memo to the participants of the IFCSS Working
Meeting (Washington DC) set for Feburary 5-6, 1994, which
contains the timetable and agenda for the meeting.

The representative from Taiwan Student Association visited the HQ
and discussed the cooperation in sponsoring another students
summer camp to Taiwan.

               January 27, Thursday
The HQ contacted with the NED for IFCSS project reports and
future funding.

The HQ issued News Release 5102 to update Hu Liqun's case, which
involves discrimination against the Chinese students.

The HQ mailed the schedule and direction for the upcoming IFCSS
Working Meeting.

               January 28, Friday
The HQ staff talked to Cai Rongwei (the lawyer) and Zhong Ling
(Anti-Discrimination Watch chair) about Hu Liqun's case.

The HQ issued News Release 5103 to offer Rooster Evelopes to
members, a program in cooperation with OCA. 

The HQ received a letter from the American Red Cross to express
gratitude to the CSS community for its flood relief efforts.

               January 29, Saturday
The HQ staff talked to the president of the UCLA CSS regarding
the football event in the Pacific region.

****************************************************************

President             Lin Changsheng
Vice President        Shi Heping (On Leave)
Executive Director    Liu Xiaozhu
Chief of Staff        Huang Songyun

****************************************************************