Subject: About this email meeting

From: [email-masked] (priv=-10 D.C.)
Date: Wed, 19 Jan 94 15:52:03 -0500

I suggest continue the email meeting.

I do prefer the tele-conference, but to discuss which meeting to hold will
probably take another weeks, as we have seen it by now.

>From the council bylaw, Council Chair has the privilege to call for a meeting.
As we already have the quorum now for the email meeting now, we should we
detour for something else ?
So I suggest continue our email meeting until we see an official announce
for call for the meeting by Chair and we are ACTUALLY going to have the
teleconference. By then, we can transfer the email meeting to teleconference.

Also, below is my arguement for canceling the email meeting I posted yesterday.
------------------------
I disagree with Liqun's call.
First, Wang Yu, Shao Qin IS on the line, which make 11 of 16 members
        explictly expressed sign on the meeting.
Second, Qi Bin, Liu Cheng, Zhou Hongguang, Ding Yungui is avtively on
        the same line at the same time, which make them effectively in
        the meeting, unless they denounce so.
Third, from Robert's Rule page 180, the last paragraph,
        "The presiding officer at a meeting shouldn't take the chair until
        a quorum is present unless there's no hope of a quorum attending.
        Then no business can be transacted except to Adjourn (section 11).
        If no one objects, debate may continue, but the only vote that may
        be taken is the one for adjourn."
        1. Liqun haven't  had the chance to take the chair,
        2. No vote for adjourn had been called,
        3. I expressed my objection to adjourn after I learnt Liqun's
           decision when I called Liqun,
        4. The quorum was actuall reached later, so there was hope.

          __                                         Mail address:
   ______/ /301-405-5025(O)____301-314-9437(fax)     Dong Chen
  / ____/ /_  ___  ___    / __ \____  ___  ____(C)   LPR, Univ. of Maryland
 / /   / __ \/ _ \/ _ \  / / / / __ \/ _ \/ __ \     College Park, MD 20742
/ /___/ / / /  __/ // / / /_/ / /_/ / // / /_/ / Email: [email-masked]
\____/_/ /_/\___/_//_/ /_____/\____/_//_/\__  /  "Do you know why communist
 __________________________________________/ /    can not be a good C++
/___________________________________________/     programer ?"   --D.C.