Subject: Memo: 6da Workshops (fwd)

From: labhgz <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 15 Jun 1994 12:38:51 -0400 (EDT)

---------- Forwarded message ----------
Date: Sun, 12 Jun 1994 14:39:24 -0400 (EDT)
From: Hongguang Zhou <[email-masked]>
To: [email-masked], [email-masked], "D.C." <[email-masked]>
Cc: [email-masked]
Subject: Memo: 6da Workshops

	MEMO

From:	Hongguang Zhou, IFCSS Council Member-the Southeast

To:	IFCSS 6d Task Force	
Cc:	IFCSS Council, IFCSS SVC, IFCSS HQ
Date:	6/12/94

Subject:6da Workshops

	According to an Resolution adopted on the 4th quarterly Council 
Teleconference regarding the workshops during the coming 6da, I have 
continued my contact with Silicon Valley for Democracy in China as to 
arrangment for the workshop. Mr. Ignitius Ding and Mr. Yu-Tai Chia thank 
IFCSS for inviting SVCD to conduct such workshops on 6da. In order to 
prepare themselves better for the prsentation, they would like to have 
our input on 

1.  Objectives: What do we expect to achieve?

2.  Audience: How many people will attend?

3.  Number of workshop sessions and length of each session

4.  Which of the evenings will be available to schedule these sessions?

5.  What would be the topics of choice and why? Example: Conducting 
meetings, Team building, Generating consensus, ....
	
6.  Would IFCSS pay for all expenses for the trip? 

7.  How many speakers would we expect?

8.  How the workshops will be evaluated.
  
9.  What language will be used for the workshop?

Please give your input, so I can reply to SVDC.

	As to a workshop on how to help CSS start small business, I have 
located an ideal speaker Ms. Sally Charles, who is the Director of Small 
Business Institute of the University System of Georgia and Consultant at 
Small Business Development Center at Kennesaw State College in Atlanta. 
Ms Charles holds MBA and is a seasoned consultant on small business 
development. She has conducted numerous workshops on small business 
across the country and has volunteered to run a workwhop for the Chinese 
Business Association of Atlanta free of charge. I attended the workshop 
and have found that her presentation is informative, concise and 
interesting. It is very helpful for Chinese students and scholars who 
want to start their own small business. 

	I introduced IFCSS to her and she has expressed her enthusastic 
willingness to conduct a workshop on coming 6da for free. All we have to 
do is to send her formal invitation and pay her travel expense as an 
invitd guest. If you need further information about her, please let me 
know or you may call the Small Business Institute at 404/423-6450 or fax 
404/423-6564. 

	If you agree, then we should send out the formal invitations as soon as 
possible, so those speakers can have sufficient time to prepare.

	Thanks and regards,

*-------------------------------------------------------------*
| Hongguang Zhou            Voice:              (404)727-0641 |
| Emory University          Fax:                (404)727-0372 |
| Atlanta, GA 30322         Internet:[email-masked] |
*-------------------------------------------------------------*