Subject: Latest Development on Georgia's driver license

From: labhgz <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 19 Jun 1994 15:47:45 -0400 (EDT)

MEMO

From:	Hongguang Zhou, IFCSS Council Member-the Southeast

To:	IFCSS Council, IFCSS HQ	
Cc:	CSS Community
Date:	6/19/94

Subj:	Latest Development on Georgia's driver's license

	The international students and scholars who hold F-1 or J-1 visa 
in Georgia now can apply for a Georgia driver license with an additional 
letter of employment besides passport and I-20 or IP-66 form. The Letter 
of Emoloyment may be written by the student or scholar's immediate 
superior and the signature should be notorized. As the those students who 
are not empolyed by their university or college, the issue is still 
pending to be resolved.
	
	Accoding to Dean Lelia Crawford, Director of the International 
Students and Scholars Office at Emory University, the Board of Regents 
which oversees the insititutions of higher learning in Georgia has 
contacted the State Attorney-General's Office on the driver license 
obtaing problem.

	We, the CSS in Georgia are following the development closely and 
actively getting involved. If you continue to have difficulty in 
obtaining a Georgia driver license due to the new procedures set by  
the the Georgia Drivers License Office (GDLO) or if you have any 
comments or suggestions, please contact us.

	Thanks for your attention.

Wei Zhou, Ph.D.                            Zhou Hongguang
Emory University School of Medicine	   Voice: 404/727-0641
Atlanta, GA 30322			   Fax:   404/727-0372	
[email-masked]			   Email:[email-masked]	
[email-masked]