Subject: Call for second council email confernence

From: dong (D.C.)
Date: Sat, 16 Apr 94 00:10:45 CDT

From:   Yungui Ding (signed) Co-Chair
         Dong Chen (signed)   Secretary
 To:     IFCSS Council, SVC, HQ, all CSS
 Date:   April 14, 1994
 Sub:    Call for the 2nd IFCSS Council Email Conference

There are several issues that the Council should discuss and make 
decision on in a timely manner. The 2nd Email conference is therefore
called.

The Email conference will be held during the time of:

  Start:  6pm Estern Standard Time (EST), Saturday, April 16, 1994
  End:    6pm Estern Standard Time (EST), Saturday, April 23, 1994.

Enclosed please find a tentative schedule, meeting order and rules.

Council members please report to the meeting by signing and posting
the following message to council network before the meeting starts:

.......................................................................
   Meeting Chair,

   I will be in presence for the Council First E-mail Conference starting
   5pm CST (6pm EST), Saturday, April 16, 1994, in the council email
   network.

   I approve (or disapprove) the proposed conference schedule, order
   and rules.

   ----  ---- (signed)
   Member of IFCSS 5th Council
   Representing Region:  ---  ---
 .......................................................................

Interested public readers are welcome to audit the Conference.  Please
be advised that only council members, the IFCSS HQ and invited guests
are permitted to post on the council working network during the
conference.  Any violation shall result in, without warning, immediate
termination of the access privilege.

To audit the council email network (if you are not already on the
council-l net, please send email to:
        [email-masked]
with the first line of message of:
        sub council-l firstname lastname
Thank you for your attention.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------
                  IFCSS Council 2nd Email Conference
                              Schedule
-----------------------------------------------------------------------

Session Form:       Email conference

Duration:           One week (7 days)

Start Time:         6pm EST, Saturday, April 16, 1994

Proposing Deadline: 9am EST, Monday, April 18, 1994

Close Debate:       6pm EST, Saturday, April 23, 1994

Conference Adjourns:6pm EST, Saturday, April 23, 1994

----------------------------------------------------------------------------
                 Business Order of the Meeting
----------------------------------------------------------------------------

1. On adoption of Email Conference Rules and Order of the Meeting;

2. On IFCSS 6th Congress Location

3. On proposals moved before the proposing deadline;

4. On emergency proposals moved after the proposing deadline - see rules;

5. Vote on resolutions.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------
                    Temporaray Meeting Agenda
----------------------------------------------------------------------------

1. On IFCSS 6th Congress Location, to vote or discuss;

2. On preparation for the 6th Congress;

3. On MFN related issue; Report of MFN Survey;

4. Preliminary Report from the Council's Financial Taskforce;

5. To prepare for the next regular Teleconference.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------
                     Email Conference Rules
----------------------------------------------------------------------------

1.  According to Council Bylaw, Quorum of the meeting is 2/3 of the
    total member of the Council.  Currently, 2/3 of 16 is 11.

2.  According to IFCSS Constitution, resolutions are adopted by vote of
    no less then half of the entire Council membership.

3.  According to Council Bylaw, all council members are required to
    attend the email conference in one of the following two forms:

    a. Post to the Council email network during the conference period;

    b. If no email accounts, a member shall contact, before and during the
       meeting time two or more times with at least one Council member who
       has email access to Council net.  The said member's concern and votes
       shall be forwarded to the council email network.

4.  To be present in the email conference, a council member shall post to the
    Council email network before the Email Conference starts.  According to
    council Bylaw and previous practice, the announcement should be in the
    following form:

 .......................................................................
   Meeting Chair,

   I will be in presence for the Council First E-mail Conference starting
   6pm EST, Saturday, April 16, 1994, in the council email network.

   I approve (or disapprove) the proposed conference schedule, order
   and rules.

   ----  ---- (signed)
   Member of IFCSS 5th Council
   Representing Region:  ---  ---
 ...........................................................................

5.  Proposals are moved by one or more Council members before the proposing
    deadline.   A second is required for all proposals.

6.  Proposals moved after the deadline can only be accepted through the
    following emergency procedure.  It is the emergency proposal's author's
    responsibility to:

    1. Inform all council members at least 36 hours before the scheduled
       conference closing time;
    2. Receive a second;
    3. Receive at least half council members' approval for admitting the
       emergency proposal to the conference.

7.  Council Secretary shall assign a series number for each proposed
    resolution, and keep an official record of all conference related posts;

8.  All votes shall be posted on the council email network directly within
    the voting period (the last two days of the conference), including
    forwarded votes of members with no email access.

9.  Because of the characteristics of email conference, amendments shall not
    be voted on whether or not to be adopted.  Resolution's original author
    should consider suggestions, changes, etc. seriously, and make
    modifications with other member's help.

10. The validation of an email shall be determined by its posting time.

=============================================================================

Attachments:

1. Proposals for hosting IFCSS 6th Congress from three places.
   (will be sent separately.)

2. Resolutions proposed (to be posted)

3. Explanation of email conference procedure
   (Prepared by Chen, Dong for the first email conference)

-------------------------------------------------------------------------

**** Explanation of email conference procedure (Prepared by Chen, Dong)

Dear colleague,

     As this is the first email conference we have, I think it is
necessary to me to explain how the procedure should go. Please notice
this is only my own understanding and suggestion after consulting with
other people who have more experience in this matter. Please do voice
your suggestions.

[sign on]

     First we should sign on the net as soon as possible by sending
mail to "[email-masked]". In fact, you should sign on now.

[deadline]

     Then start from 6:00pm EST, Jan. 13, you can post your
discussion and vote to the net. Please notice the deadlines, i.e.
        - 11:00pm EST, Jan. 15 for vote of the CPA
        - 6:00pm  EST, Jan. 15 for proposing new resolutions
        - 5:59pm  EST, Jan. 20 for vote of all resolutions.

[vote]

     You can vote any resolutions as soon as the meeting starts.

     Please refer to the series number of the resolution (CP50**) when
you need to mention the resolution.

     Please post you discussion and vote as soon as you can. Don't wait
until the deadline, although I will try to remind you to vote in the
last two days of the meeting.

     You can vote for one issue at a time or combine all of them together.
Please write clearly which resolution you are talking/voting.

     All resolutions have to be voted, there is no unanimous consent.

[writing]

     For clarity, I suggest we write the subject line in this format:
        Subject: [area]<your name> message title
where [area] can be [vote],[discussion],[CP5026],[motion] etc.
the message title can be optional. For example,
Subject: [discussion]<Dong Chen> Who is responsible for the open letter?

     For rules that not defined in the order of the meeting, we should
follow the Robert Rule of Order.
     I suggest everybody check your email at least once per day.

Dong Chen