Subject: Adjournment of the Council's e-mail meeting

From: Liqun Dong <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 24 Jan 1994 18:52:33 -0800 (PST)

Dear Council Colleauges:

    In the first e-mail meeting, all of our council memebrs have voted on 
the HQ's recommendation on CPA bid, three resolutions (CP5026, CP5027, 
CP5028). And many of us are involved in the debates on many relevant 
issues. 

    After checking all the vote casts again, I'd like to summary the 
results to all of you:

1. HQ's recommendation on CPA bid:    not accepted by the Council
       (Yea  6;  Nay  6;  Abstein  4)

2. CP5026:     rejected
       (Yea  6;  Nay  10;  Abstein 0)

3. CP5027:
       (Yea  8;  Nay  5;  Abstein  3)

    The consent of this resolution is on the amendment of the Council 
Bylaws. I think such an amendment should ONLY be voted at a regular 
meeting according to the IFCSS Council's Bylaws, Article VI; and it needs 
to have two-thirds vote if we follows the Robert Rules of Order (Section 
45). As a result, I think the resolution can not be accepted in this 
emergency meeting. It is my mistake to put this resolution on the floor. 
And I'd like to express my apology to all of you here. Meanwhile, many 
councils voted "Yea", and some others who voted "Nay" or "Abstein" do 
express their willingness for a thorough discussion on it. I like to 
bring it back on the floor in the coming working meeting in DC if Liang 
ER and Chen Dong agree with that.

4. CP5028:     rejected
       (Yea  5;  Nay  6;  Abstein  5)

    Let me annouce here that the e-mail conference of the IFCSS 5th 
Council was adjourned as the schedule.

    Now, take a rest and then focus on the coming working meeting at DC, 
all of us.

Liqun Dong (signed)
Chairperson of IFCSS Council