Subject: LAD Interview

From: Feng Jiang <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 22 Feb 94 12:38:27 CST

I have a question about interview. My wife is LAD and she went to 
  interview last week, the INS lady want to see her transcript(she was 
  F-1 before she applied). The things puzzle me is that the INS asked
  the transcript until today. Does anybody outthere know why? As my 
  understanding, the LAD only need to keep the legal status until she(he)
  file the application, am I right? Please help!

  Feng

---

From: [email-masked] (Yi Guo)
Date: Tue, 22 Feb 94 13:57:56 CST

Feng Jiang wrote:
|   I have a question about interview. My wife is LAD and she went to 
|   interview last week, the INS lady want to see her transcript(she was 
|   F-1 before she applied). The things puzzle me is that the INS asked
|   the transcript until today. Does anybody outthere know why? As my 
|   understanding, the LAD only need to keep the legal status until she(he)
|   file the application, am I right? Please help!

    I am not sure why they asked this.  But during my wife's LAD interview with
    the Dallas INS, the examiner also asked for her transcript (F-1 visa status
    before).  And also the wierdest thing is they asked for the copy of the
    apt. lease.

    I guess the examiner may be looking for places where they can invalidate a
    LAD's application by the clause of "continuously maintained legal status".
    Therefore for a ex F-1, the first thing they might look is the transcript,
    to see if the LAD had maintained full-time student status before the time
    of the petition.

    Hope this helps.

    - Jimmy