Subject: Cutoff date

From: [email-masked] (Mi Mi)
Date: Wed, 23 Feb 94 08:00:58 CST

Hi, thanks for your mail.

Everyone one will be happy if all the lads get GC soon. But we still have quota
problem out there. There are 2000/yr for EB-3, and, on this net, we have 1000
netters, which, should far less than the existing lads pool. That is why I do
not think many will get their GC sooner. That was why we fought so tirelessly
last year for the World  Quota.

Mi Mi Sr.

QY wrote:

   Dear Mi Mi: Could you explain why you think that even those who filed 
   last year may not get the visa quote this time?  If the applicant's 
   priority date is July 1 and he has already handed in the application, why 
   he cannot get GC this time?  When the cutoff date moved one day forward, 
   I believe it means the INS has enough quotes now to cover those whose 
   priority date is before July 2 and have filed their application already.  
   Otherwise the cutoff date won't make any sense.  Please enlighten me.  
   Thanks.
   QY

   On Tue, 22 Feb 1994, Mi Mi wrote:

   > 
   > 
   > Sorry for the previous empty messages. The cutoff date, to my understanding, 
   > means that you can file I-485, if your principal's priority date is included.
   > It neither means you will get your PR nor interview NOW. It just kicks off
   > your filing process. Remeber many of our lads had filed last August and 
   > September when the cutoff date was "current", but how many have gotten their
   > interviews and/or their GC?
   > 
   > I even do not think those who filed last year will all get their GC this year.
   > Just think about how many quotas are out there for China's EB-3? So, please 
   > be patient, do not jump at the cutoff date too soon!
   > 
   > Mi Mi Sr.
   > 
   > 
   > 
   >