Subject: LAD priority date

From: [email-masked] (Mi Mi)
Date: Wed, 16 Feb 94 16:53:07 CST

Xiao-Liang Xu wrote:

   Date: Wed, 16 Feb 94 12:19:14 CST
   From: [email-masked] (Xiao-Liang Xu)

   Mi Mi Sr.:

   Last Aug. my son filed the PR application as LAD with the INS at The Twin
   Cities, MN. I have not heard any thing yet. I know my son with many other 
   applicants have the quota problem; anyway I contacted the INS.
   I was told by two officers that because my son priority date was in Aug.
   they have not processed his application. I tried to explain that his
   priority date should be my priority date which is July 1, but I failed
   to convince them. They insisted that my son's priority date is his
   application date.

   Do you have any idea about how to clarify this and convince them.
   Thank you for any suggestions.

   Xiao-Liang

Xiao-Liang Xu:

Maybe INS is confused with the categories? For EB-3, the priority date 
is July 1, but for the FB-2, it is the date you filed. Try to show them
the CSPA text, and the right category your son belongs. 

Mi MI Sr.