From: duan <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 13 Sep 94 08:28:40 CDT

Dear Netters,

I am posting a few questions for my friend and would
appreciate any advice from the netters.  My friend
got his Green Card last year through CSPA.  His priority
date is July 14, 1993.  He has worked in Texas, somewhere
between Houston and San Antonio, for about 3 years now.
Earlier this summer he went back to China and got married.
His wife is now here in the US on a business visa, which
will expire in a few months.

The questions are:

(1) Is the window that his wife can apply for GC in EB3
category open?  If it is open, when will it be closed?

(2) Can his wife file I-485 in the EB3 category right now?
Where to file? Does she need a Physical Exam right now
or wait until later?

(3) Can His wife file I-485 in the Family Based 2nd Preference
right now? Where to file? Does she need a Physical Exam now
or wait until later?

(4) If her application is accepted, does that mean she can
stay here legally after her business visa expires?  Does she
have to return to China to apply fro GC?

(5) Does anyone know that status of the family reunion bill
in the Congress?  Does that bill have any effect on her?

I look forward to your answers to part or all of the questions.
I especially would like to hear from people in similar situation.
Thank you all.

Q.D.