[Prev][Index][Thread]

Fighting a Speeding Ticket

I got a speeding ticket in Oregon 5 months ago and the case is
finally making it to court.  The police car pulled me over on
the interstate at night and claimed to have paced my speed at
77 mph.  He also claimed his radar gun verified this speed.  I
may have been going over 65 mph, but I know how my car drives
and I know I wasn't going 77 mph.

How do you fight a speeding ticket.  Isn’t it just my word
against the officer’s?  How can the officer be so exact about
the speed when pacing me?  The police car put his lights on
while in the left lane and changed into the right lane, which I
was in.  Could he have pulled over the wrong car?  What does it
take to beat a speeding ticket?

My court case is on 09/28/95.  Does anyone have any
suggestions?

------- Brian Maguire  ------ brian@sparcom.com -----