[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: Cops: Can't Live With Them, Can't Live Without Them

iguana@pine.liii.com (David B. Feig) writes...

>But it's disgusting when police  --
>well, at least this one --patronize us about the "dangers" of our driving
>65 in a 55 (as soon as you exceed the speed limit, your car bursts into
>flames because of wind resistance, thus causing billions of deaths each year)
>, while they flaunt ALL traffic/driving laws as casually as easily as they
>down giant mugs of coffee, and justify it by saying they have "Specialized
>driving training".  This is just crap.

Come on, give them a break.  Aside from the Untouchables, just about every
cop broke the law they were supposed to be enforcing.  They are human.  The
inhuman scum is in the seats of the legislature dictating the duties of the
cops and relegeting them to tax collectors.  I know of no cops who want to
be tax collectors, but it is a way to check for true crimes (the guy wanted
for the OK City bombing was picked up during a routine traffic stop), and
it lets the cities get income with out the spineless inhabitants of city
hall having to raise taxes.

>Hell, I would speed too, if I could get away with it, but I wouldn't be
>as sanctimonious about being a tax collector with a glock.

I speed all the time and have gotten away with it.  What makes you think
the cops are the only ones with Glocks? :-)

Marc

Follow-Ups: References: