[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: Daytime running lights

Gee people, lighten up (hint, hint). I see two sides screamin' to each
others face. And for what reason? Some american car companies are trying
to market a new safety device, DRL. The libertarian, rugged individuals,
who despise such a wimpy device should not waste their breath here. Just
go buy a car that does NOT offer this feature. You vote with your dollars.
My guess (and we have seen the deveolpment in some other more progressive
countries that USA seems to follow) is that DRL will be the standard in
2-5 years whether you like it or not. So stop whining about it. Also this
is not a hard thing to bypass if you have such a problem with it. I am
sure there will be a sizable after market folr you out there who do not
want put up such a minor effort in order to increse the safety on the
road.
Lets have some common sense here and use our precious brains for some
other issue like the seat belts, child seats, crumple zones and drinking
and driving.
Villeke@aol.com
PS. This isssues is a non.issue to people who live in rainy areas,
smog-infested cities, snow zones and northerly latitudes. But I was once
saved by DRL in the middle of the Arizon desert. And it was not me hwo
used them then! Thank you stranger.