[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: Driving Pet peeves

I would usually tell the person on the other end "Hold on, I'm about to
rear end a truck!" Sometimes I'd yell "AAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHH!".  Of course I
was exagerating for levity.

I pay attention to my driving, only trying to communicate whatever urgent
message needs to be conveyed (I'm late for my appointment, I'm stuck in
traffic). Anything more involved and I just can't give the conversation
my full attention. I think that's the way it should be.

----------
Steph
----------

Joshua Kramer (Jish) (jkramer@pppa116.ganet.net) wrote:
: In article <tlb0.314.2FDEFFAD@pophost.gte.com>, tlb0@pophost.gte.com (Trevor Battle -- WinTrumpet) says:

: >There is nothing wrong with talking on the phone as long as you are alert and
: >there's little traffic around.   Yes I use a cell phone fequently in

: You know what pisses me off?  PEOPLE WHO CAN'T DRIVE WITH CELL PHONES!
: My car is a stickshift, and I'm still able to talk on the phone and
: shift without driving like a maniac.  It's fun at times, juggling the
: phone and shifter, but then priorities come into play: if I have to
: do something evasive, or get on the freeway, I tell whoever I'm talking
: to to hold on and then I DROP THE PHONE!  People who can't drop the phone
: are those we have to worry about.

: But then again, I drive better talking on the phone than some people
: who don't even have phones, so I don't know what to say... :-)

: --Josh

Steph Greenberg
steph@primenet.com           "Every Friday is a prelude to Monday."