[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: Repeal of the National Speed Limit Law

: >Mark my words now. I am saying this on the record. If the speed limits are
: >raised by 20 MPH or more there will be an immediate increase in accidents
: >and fatalities in those cars not equipped with air bags. The greatest
: >increase will be of people under 30 years old.

People are already driving at the "sinful" speed limits that you claim
will cause a higher degree of fatalities and accidents.  The change in
the speed limit would simply keep them from becoming offenders of the law.

If everyday activity is a "crime", then people all become "criminals" and
lack of respect for the law results.

Laws should reflect the desires of our citizens, not simply provide a method
of extorting money from the populace.

Follow-Ups: References: