[Prev][Index][Thread]

Re: Proposed Government Driving Restrictions!

Persepolis (sorandi@wam.umd.edu) wrote:

: I can also say [from the point of view of someone who has lived in europe]
: that gas prices in this country have been bargain-basement low for far too
: long in contrast to european countries that charge anywhere in the
: neighborhood of $2 or so per liter thanks to huge government taxes on
: it to fund things like eletric buses, trains- and nuclear energy to provide
: the electricity.

Please don't support more taxes!

Every time there is an increase in taxes of $1, the federal government
spends $1.29, meaning that more taxes=increased revenues=more government
spending=higher deficits=demands for more taxes to reduce the
deficit=more taxes=increased revenues=more government spending etc.