[Next][Index][Thread]

Re: The REAL REASON PEOPLE SPEED!

In article <3vb8k4$7tq@news-e1a.megaweb.com>,
KENNY MORSE <kennystar@megaweb.com> wrote:
>EXACTLY! Forget the NMA Study!
>do with how speed limits should be set than anything
>else.  Get people to respect EACH OTHER, then
>they might respect speed laws arrived at fairly.

Forget the facts, in other words? Mr Traffic, of course we would
all be a hell of a lot better if the drivers all respected each other.
But this has NOTHING to do with the fact that speed limits are set
too low, and that if they are increased to a reasonable rates, then
speeds on highways will NOT show a corresponding increase.

After all this IS the reason why you keep arguing with us. Because
you think that drivers will continue to speed even with reasonable
limits. But this is NOT TRUE. You have yet to refute any specific
point in the T&W study; you've only repeated claims that by
dealing with people who've gotten tickets, you just KNOW that
people will continue to speed. Guess what. You're WRONG.

--
Adam Villani
addam@cco.caltech.edu