[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: Why do you need to pass that person?

In <FIOCCA.95Jul27143515@atlantis.ukraine.corp.mot.com> fiocca@ukraine.corp.mot.com (Jim Fiocca) writes:

>1) You're coming up to the last stop light prior to your needing to turn
>right.  The light turns red, there is one person in front of you who has
>been going a reasonable 5 mph over the limit.  You notice that the left
>lane is clear, so you cut over - knowing full well that when the light
>turns green, you intend to try to pass that person in the right lane,
>cut over, hit your brakes, and make your right turn.
> - ????? Why ????? -

 That's stupid.  Almost as annoying as the people who pull out in front of
you drive a block down the road and make a left turn. :(

>2) It's rush hour.  Everyone is going about the same reasonable speed of
>about 5 mph over the limit, so the excuse "they're driving too slow" is
>not applicable.  You're approaching a red light on a two-lane road that
>you know is about to merge into one lane shortly after the light (right
>lane ends).  1, 2, or maybe 3 cars are already stopped in the left lane
>and the right lane is clear.  Why do you pull up in the right lane
>intending to pass and get in front of those 1, 2, 3, or more cars that
>got there before you?  Do you realize that the Internet wouldn't work if
>the bits that make up these messages had the same disrespect for basic
>queuing theory?

 I want to be first!

--
Steve Sheldon           [These are my own opinions]    '95 Dodge Neon
Iowa State University   ICSS Resource Facility by day  '85 Honda Spree

Follow-Ups: References: