[Index][Thread]

Radar Detector Prank.

Over the weekend I tried a new trick.  When I pulled up behind some guy I
noticed his visor mounted detector was going off, while my detector was
silent.  Following my suspicion I unplugged my detector and I was surprised to
see that his detector stoped.  As soon as I plugged my detector in again I saw
his red and yellow LEDS light up again :)  After about 2-3 times I stoped
because I know how annoying false alarms are.

	Has anyone else had a similar experience?  A friend of mine gets a "kick" on
rt. 128 (near Boston) when he clicks his garage door opener.   He claims his
garage door opener emits a strong K-band signal, which scares people into
slowing down.  He said he especially like to scare people driving 85+MPH.  I
told him this was'nt a good idea since you might have someone FREAK out and
slam on the brakes resulting in a multiple car accident.

Trev