[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: traffic lights

In <46m9go$67o@madeline.INS.CWRU.Edu> aj923@cleveland.Freenet.Edu (P.
J. Remner) writes:

>In a previous article, nbassett@osiris (Lord Kittenslayer) says:
>
>>However, I think the best thing to do would be to just shut down the
>>signals from 1 - 5 A.M., so those of us driving late at night
wouldn't
>>have to come to a grinding halt for a single crossing vehicle...

Riding my bike to work at 3 AM I've made a few observations:  Most
drivers feel that signals are optional at this time of the morning,
drunks stop more often than sober folks, and...those damn people on
bikes don't stop for anything short of life threatening (trains,
semi-tractor/trailers, etc.).<G>  In the 'Life's Little DEstruction
Book' one of the tips is that stoplights are optional after midnight--I
think most everybody up at that time has read this little gem.

Eric
84 Jetta 2.0 16V