[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: Speed Kills

It's not Speed per se' that kills...  It's carelessness.  Doing 75
on a deserted stretch of highway is not dangerous; doing 30 in a school
zone is.  As one poster put it, most accidents occur at intersections.
This is probably due to the number of "drivers" who slam on their brakes
because they almost missed their turn.  How about those millions who
missed the class on what to do with that little lever sticking out of
the left side of their steering column?  Or those who didn't notice
the bright red lights on the back of the car in front of them?

It's common sense to slow down when experiencing weather.  Problem is,
a lot of people don't.  Then of course, there's the group who, upon
noticing a cloud in the sky drop to about 12mph because it might rain
and they "don't want to take the chance" (see speed differential section
of previous post), and thereby cause everyone behind them to (hopefully)
get their speed down in time.

While I can sympathize with the EMT in the earlier message, I can't
really agree with him.  Well, at least there are enough stupid people
around to give him job security...