[Next][Index][Thread]

Re: Solve speeding by limiting cars!

Was this flamebait?
NMA, your presence is needed badly to educate this guy.

In article <3pu04u$6p1@ludes.com>, Mark Spencer <marks@ludes.com> wrote:
>        Since there is no place in the US where 65 mph can be legally
>exceeded, I don't see why cars are being sold that can go faster than this.
>Especially with speedometers that read well over 100 mph, enticing drivers
>to drive at dangerous speeds.

Well, if nothing else, people like to race their cars in racing events
(SCCA, PCA, other car clubs).

>        Cars are already being sold with speed limiters to keep from
>exceeding the limits of the tires and suspension. Why aren't cars sold with
>speed limiters at 65 mph to keep from exceeding the limits of the law? The
>majority of all accidents are due to speed. Thosands of lives would be saved
>every year if cars were unable to exceed a safe speed.

SAFE?!!!!!
I know, why don't we all just drive 5 mph?!

>        What is wrong with our government that they would ignore such a
>simple way to enforce a law and save lives?

If you feel that anything over 65 is unsafe, one has to wonder about your
driving skills. Get off the road.

Tigress (sheesh, the insurance comanies sure can brainwash some people)

--
  |,4-  ) )-,_..;\ (  `'-'       gt3220a@prism.gatech.edu
 '---''(_/--'  `-'\_)            Cat drawn by Felix Lee