You are here: SriPedia - Oppiliappan - Archives - Apr 1998

Oppiliappan List Archive: Message 00074 Apr 1998

Apr 1998 Indexes ( Date | Thread | Author )

Dear Rasikaas of Sri Dikshithar Krithis :

One of our dear members brought to my attention
a portion of CharaNa sAhithyam that I had omitted
inadvertently . I am glad that he pointed this out .

The words omitted were: MUNI SANKATAHARANA GOVINDHA .

It occurs in the CahraNa section : " AkaLanga DarpaNa
kapOla visEsha MUNI SANKATAHARANA GOVINDHA
VenkataramaNa Mukhunda sankarshaNa ----"

" Muni SanakataharaNa Govindha " alludes to the story
in Srimadh Bhaagavahtam , where Lord KrishNA brought
back alive the dead son of his guru ( Sandheepa Muni )
from the kingdom of DharmarAjA ( Yama dEvan ) and
destroyed the sorrow of the griving father . KruishNA
and KusElA had VedAdhyanam with Sandheepa Muni and
KrishNA performed the miraculous deed and brought
back the AchAryA'son and presented him as GurudakshiNA .

LOrd Govindhan removed the sankatams ( SankataharaNam )
of the Muni (Sage Saandheepi ) and Dheekshithar saluted
Sri RanganAtha as SankataharaNa Govindhan .

V.Sadagopan

Home Page
http://www.ibiblio.org/sripedia
oppiliappan-subscribe@yahoogroups.com