You are here: SriPedia - Oppiliappan - Archives - Aug 1998

Oppiliappan List Archive: Message 00204 Aug 1998

Dear Sri Diwakar Kannan :At 09:36 AM 8/11/98 -0700, you wrote:

>To adiyen's very limited knowledge
>
>PavithrothsavA is performed to cleanse away mistakes and sins we do
>knowingly or unknowingly during daily for peridic rituals in the temple,
>and mostly its performed during the month of AvaNi.

You are right . The lapses in the strict
performance of the aarAdhanam and other karmAs at
the Temples by the ArchakAs and us will lead to
the reduction of Saanidhyam of the Lord as ArchA mUrthy .
PavithrOthsavam is done to restore sanctity and to
negate the power of the lapses .

V.SadagOpan

Home Page
http://www.ibiblio.org/sripedia