You are here: SriPedia - Oppiliappan - Archives - Aug 2001

Oppiliappan List Archive: Message 00223 Aug 2001

Dear BhakthAs:

I was not aware of an Aadhi Rangan at
Shivana Samudram. It was my understanding
that the Sriranga PattaNam RanganAthan
was the Adhi Rangan. There are 5 RanganAthans
on the bank of Cauvery ( Not always in the middle of
Islands) for us.

These are:

1.Adhi Rangan
2.KasthUri Rangan of Srirangam
3.Hema Rangan of Thirukkudanthia
4.ParimaLa Rangan of Thiru Indhalur ,
where Cauvery reaches its Sangamam with Samudhra Raajan
5. The fifth one is between Srirangam and Thirukkudanthai.
I can not trecall this dhivya desam quickly. Other BhakthAs
might be able to add this information.

Sri RanganAtha ParabrahmaNE Nama:
V.Sadagopan

Home Page