You are here: SriPedia - Oppiliappan - Archives - Apr 2002

Oppiliappan List Archive: Message 00012 Apr 2002

Apr 2002 Indexes ( Date | Thread | Author )

SrI:

Dear BhakthAs:
I am enclosing a note from SrImathi Nagu Satyan ,
the secretary of SrI RanganAthA temple at Pomona , NY.

April and May will be busy months at the temple.
In May , 2002 the first anniversary of the MahA SamprOkshaNam
of the temple will be celebrated on May 26. The Vardhanthi celebration
of Saint AnnamachArya will be celebrated on May 25.
LakshArchanai for the Lord will conclude on May 25.
VidvAmsini Vasundura Rajagopalan and VidvAn Madhurai
Sundar will give concerts based on AnnamayyA's SankIrthanams
on May 25.

All of you are invited to participate in these events
and recieve the anugrahams of SrI RanganAyaki SamEtha
SrI RanganAthan and His AzhwArs and AchAryAs .

Those who wish to sponsor these special events are requested
to contact either myself or SrImathi Nagu satyan .

V.Sadagopan
Vice Chair, SrI RanganAthA temple.
http://www.ranganatha.org

Message from SrImathi Nagu Satyan
***********************************
>Dear Devotees
>
>We are pleased to inform you of the following Special Events planned for
>April. Program details are provided below. For directions and other temple
>activities, please visit www.ranganatha.org
>
>1.Friday, 12 April 2002 -- Lord Sri Ranganatha's Birthday (Revathi)
>2.Saturday, 13 April 2002 -- Ugadi, Chandramana New Year's day
>3.Sunday, 14 April 2002 -- Sowramana New Year's Day/Chithra Bhaanu.
>4.Saturday, 20 April 2002 -- Sri Ramanuja Jayanthi and Start of Sri
>Ramayana Parayanam
>5.Sunday, 21 April 2002 -- Sri Rama Navami celebrations.
>
>Regards, Nagalakshmi (nagu) Satyan,

>       Friday, April 12, 2002
> Lord Sri Ranganatha's Birthday (Revathi)
>
>10 AM Abisheka (Thirumanjana) to Sri Ranganatha
>

>12.00 Noon Mangala Arathi (Sarrumurai)
>
>12.30 PM Prasaadam Distribution
>
>6:00 PM Sankalpa for Laskhsaarchana, culiminating on 5/25/02
> 2000 times Archana every Day, Sponsorship $25

>       Saturday, April 13, 2002
> Ugadi, Chandramana New Year's day
>
>9:00 AM Nine (9) Kalasa Abisheka to Sri Ranganatha (Utsavar)
>

>10:00 AM Srinivasa Kalyanam
>

>12 Noon Panchanga Sravanam
> (Reading of the New Panchanga, Almanac)
>
>12.30 PM Mangala Arathi (Sarrumurai)
>
>1:00 PM Prasaadam Distribution

>       Sunday, April 14, 2002
> Vishu, Sowramana New Year's Day (Tamil Varsha PiRappu)
>
>10:00 AM Nine (9) Kalasa Abisheka to Sri Ranganatha (Utsavar)
>

>11:00 AM Panchanga Sravana
> (Reading of the New Panchanga, Almanac)
>
>12.30 PM Mangala Arathi (Sarrumurai)
>
>1:00 PM Prasaadam Distribution

>       Saturday, April 20, 2002
> Sri Ramanuja Jayanthi and Start of Sri Ramayana Parayana
>
>10:00 AM Start of Sri Ramayana Parayana
>
>10:00 AM Abisheka (Thirumanjana) to Sri Ramanuja
>

>11:00 AM Procession of Uthsavar around Sri Ranganatha Sannidhi
>
>12:00 Noon Recitation of Sri Ramanuja Nootrandaadhi
> (100 dedicatory verses on Sri Ramanuja),
yathirAja sapthathi .

>12.30 PM: Lecture on the 9 SrI sookthis of AchArya RaamAnujA
>
>1:00 PM Presentation of 108 Vessels of Boiled Sweet Rice
(Akkara Vadisil ) by Sri Ramanuja to Sri Ranganatha on behalf of
" His siter " Sri Andal

>1.30 PM Prasaadam Distribution

> Sunday, April 21, 2002
> Sri Rama Navami
>
>10:00 AM Completion of Sri Ramayana Parayana
>
>10:00 AM Abisheka (Thirumanjana) to Sri Rama Parivara
>

>11:00 AM Sri Rama Pattaabhisheka
>

>12 Noon Mangalaarathi (Sarrumurai)
>
>12.30 PM Prasadam Distribution

Home Page