You are here: SriPedia - Oppiliappan - Archives - Apr 2002

Oppiliappan List Archive: Message 00030 Apr 2002

Apr 2002 Indexes ( Date | Thread | Author )

Dear friends,

A friend posed to me recently the following question, which perhaps
someone knowledgeable amongst you could please help me answer?

After the Kurukshetra War, it is said that AsvatthAmA went out on a
campaign of bloody revenge against the Pandavas.

If AsvatthAmA was a person of such vicious and vengeful nature, why
did he deserve to become a "chiranjeevi" (immortal human supposed to
be living forever on earth)?

Kindly post your responses with reference to relevant "pramANa".
Thanks and regards,
dAsan,
Sudarshan