You are here: SriPedia - Oppiliappan - Archives - Apr 2004

Oppiliappan List Archive: Message 00128 Apr 2004

Apr 2004 Indexes ( Date | Thread | Author )

SrI:
SrImathE Gopaladesika mahadesikaya namah:
Dearest Srivaishnavas,

Though there are very many forms for the Lord, the
Lowly self- I- am not able to enjoy even one? SO,
which one should I immerse myself for enjoying His
divine beauty! ? laments AzhwAr and prays to the Lord
for blessing him.

Kaarodu oththa mEni nangaL kaNNa! viNNiN naathanE,
neer idatthu araavaNaik kidatthi yenpar anRiyum
Oridatthai allay yellai yillai yenpar aadhalaal
sErvu idatthai naayinEn therindhu iRainjum aa solE.
(47)

oh Our KannA! The dark rain laden cloud coloured Lord!
The one who is born in this yugA! The Chief of
Paramapadham [as well]! Some say You recline on
AdhisEshan in the milky ocean also. Not just that; You
do not reside in just one place. In each and every
one, and in every place, this long and this much
extent, and these many rUpams- or this sort of form-
there is not a bound or restriction to You at all-
also scholars say. Hence, there are so many kinds of
forms and places, please bless this naayinEn (lowliest
one) where I am here- and bless me with the form for
me to enjoy You as Your devotee.

In four forms, You natural form is dark like the rain
laden cloud. You also shower Your dayA on everyone
like the cloud. There is no limit or boundaries (ellai
yillai) in ways to attain You- namely, dhahara,
ChaanDilya, Vaiswaanara et al- upaasanaas. Also Para,
vyUha, vibhava, Haardha ruPam are not favorable to
us- AzhwAr appears to be saying. archA only favours us
as
it is easily accessible.

The superiority of ArchA rUpam among Sriman NarAyaNA's
pancha rUpams ( param , VyUham , Vibhavam , antharyAmi
and ArchA ) is as follows:

Parama padham , where the Lord is resident as
Parama padha nAthan is surrounded by the aNDams and
the aavaraNam waters (Oceans ) . It is not of easy
access to us residing on earth . We can not travel
there even to get a vessel filled with aavaranam
waters .It is too far away . Hence param and parama
padham can not be enjoyed with our sthUla sarIram .
Only as a muktha Jivan possesing Sookshma sarIram ,
one can enter and enjoy the anthamil pErinbham there .

The second rUpam of the Lord is as Sesha saayee in
the middle of the milky ocean .Here He is presenting
Himself as KshIrAbhdhi nAthan to DevAs and maharishis.
Again, this is beyond our reach with SthUla sarIram.
hence, it is not of much use either for us to see and
enjoy .

The Third rUpam of the Lord is what has been
celebrated as Raama, KrishNAvathArams. These Vinhava
avathArams were enjoyed by those who were
contemproaries. Today, it is history and we can not
enjoy Lord KrishNA as Gopis and AkrUrar did. Thus this
rUpam is in the past like last year's river water ,
which is no longer available to quench our thirst (
dried up river bed).

The fourth rUpam is antharyAmi savrUpam. It is likened
to OoRRu jalam. You have to dig in the river bed sand
and access the water under. Through the difficult
JNa~na Yogam one can visualize this svarUpam of the
Divya dampathis seated in our heart cavities. Very few
have the power to succeed in such efforts and thus,
this svarUpam is also not within reach of ordinary
folks on this earth .
The fifth rUpam is the One that Sriman NaarAyaNan
took to make Himself easily available to one and all
and to enjoy Him with our own sthUla sarIram and
Maamsa chakshus . No divya dhrushti as needed by
ArjunA is a must to see the VisvarUpam of the Lord ."
angu vaitthu , inghu piRanthathu " is the celebration
of this ArchAvathAram by Eedu grantham .

Thirumazhisai Piraan ThiruvadigaLE Saranam
Regards
Namo narayana
dAsan

http://photos.yahoo.com/ph/print_splash