You are here: SriPedia - Oppiliappan - Archives - Apr 2004

Oppiliappan List Archive: Message 00132 Apr 2004

Apr 2004 Indexes ( Date | Thread | Author )

Dear BhakthAs:

I am enclosing mail from SrIman Navalpaakkam Ananth Swamy
who is known to all of us through his joint Kaimkaryams for
dhivya dEsams and Dhivya prabhandhams with Driman Ramadurai
Venkat of Bahrain .

Sriman Ananth has created a special web site for His Veda AgrahAram
(SrI AgrahAram) that is steeped in the tradition of great SrI VaishNavite
AchAryAs . All their efforts have been blessed by SrI AlarmElmangA SamEtha
SrinivAsa Parabrahmam , who presides over this village , where Parama
VaidhikAs reside and protect our ancient traditions and impart knowledge to
the next generation of aasthikAs.

Our dear SrI MaadhavakkaNNan of Sirirangam and Singapore has
posted an excellent article on NaavalpAkkam today in the lists and I refer
you to that posting for more details on this extraordinary village ,
which is like an oasis of tranquility and scholarship amongst all
the turbulence of modern day India and the world  .

The address for the new web site is:
http://navalpakam.tripod.com

In this beautiful web site , You can have the darsanam of
the Dhivya dampathis but also can hear the audio clippings of
Ghanam rendering of Veda Manthram , two verses  from the Adhikaraa
Sangraham of Swamy Desikan , Manthra Pushpam and most importantly
the Swamy  Desika SthOthra Paatam clippings from the 9 year old son
of SrI Ananth Swamy , Master N.A.Sundaravaradhan It is stimulating
to know that at such an young age, Master Sundaravaradhan has learnt
the complete set of the SthOthrams of Swamy Desikan and recite it by heart.
He is setting an example to all Vishnava youngsters.Please listen to
his renderings .

In the SrI Saila Vamsam ( Periya Thirumalai Nambi Vamsam)
was born Pancha Matha Bhanjana Thaatha  DEsikan ( 1509-1591 C.E) .
He was the Raaja Guru for Vijaya Nagara kings at Chandragir i.
The Pancha (Five) mathams that he defeated in religious debates
to celebrate the glories of Bhagavath RaamAnuja Darsanam are :
Kapila , KaNAtha, Sukha , Jaina and Saiva Mathams.He performed
many Yaj~nams and had as his key sishyar , SrI RangarAmAnuja Muni ,
who is revered as "Upanishad BhAshyakArar " by us for blessing us
with VisishtAdhvaithic intrepretation of the Upanishads .Pancha Matha
Bhanjana ThAthAcchArya Swamy was unexcelled in thre areas of
our Darsanam : (1) Veda Maarga prathishtApanam (2) Para Tatthva
NirNayam and (3) AachAra anushtAnam .

In this lineage came many Vaishnavite AchAryAs like
SrI Lakshmi KumAra ThAtha Desikan ( 1572-1632 C.E) ,
the SveekAra Puthran of Pancha Matha Bhanjana ThAtha
Desikan , Thirupputtkkuzhi Swamy ( B1823 C.E),
VilliyampAkkam Swamy ( Gopala ThAtha Desikan ),
SrI AyyAtthu Swamy ( Ayyaa SrI KrishNa ThathArya
Swamy ) , Thirupputtkkuzhi Nrusimha ThAthArya Swamy and others.

The Moola Purushar for the NaavalpAkkam Vamsam was
Ayyaa KumAra ThAtha Desikan .He had mastered the adhyayanam
of the four VedAs and had performed hundred yaj~nams
and hence was revered as " Chathur Veda Satha Krathu " .
He was the Minister for the Naayak king of Tanjore
(Achyutha Naayak) and it was in his time the Temple for
Lord SrinivAsa was built and consecrated at NaavalpAkkam .
In his 8th generation was born another Chathur Veda Satha Krathu,
SrI SaThakOpa KrishNaswamy ThAthArya MahA Desikan (SKTD)
in the year 1904 C.E. His centenneray was celebrated by
HH Sri PeriyANDavan of Srirangam on March 18,2004 at
NaavalpAkkam in a grand manner . The only son of
SrI   SKTD Swamy ( Sri U.Ve N.S.R Swamy ) and
his son SrI N.S. SrinivAsa RaghavaacchAr Swamy )
conducted the SathamAna Uthsavam in the company of
great Veda VidhwAns of ThAtha Vamsam .

The incredibly scholarly publications of Great scholars
with links to NaavalpAkkam are assembled in the special
Web site created by SrIman NavalpAkkam Ananath Swamy.

Thus goes the tradition at NaavalpAkkam .
All of us should make it  a point to visit this
SrI AgrahAram.

The BrahmOthsavam for the dhivya dampathis of NavalpAkkam is
scheduled this year to commence on May 3 . The Uthsavam
program is available at the web site .  Please plan to attend and
meet some of " the living legends " of this scholastic village , who
continue to contribute so much for our ancient darsanam blessed by
Bhagavath RaamAnuja and His PoorvAchAryAs in an untiring manner.

Sri MahA DEvi SamEtha Sri VaradarAja ParabrahmaNE Nama:
Daasan , Oppiliappan Koil VaradAchAri SaThakOpan

The Mail from Sri Ananth Swamy

http://www.c1tracking.com/l.asp?cid=5511
http://us.click.yahoo.com/mOAaAA/3exGAA/qnsNAA/XUWolB/TM