You are here: SriPedia - Oppiliappan - Archives - Apr 2004

Oppiliappan List Archive: Message 00147 Apr 2004

Apr 2004 Indexes ( Date | Thread | Author )

Dear BhakthAs :

Few days back , I had sent a note of information
for those , who have had Upanayanam and wish
help in perofrming theThrikAla SandhyA Vandhanam
properly .

Few of you have written to me . The offer to have those
classes at 8.30 A.M on Week ends at the Temple by
seasoned practioners still stands .Perhaps people with in
the driving distance of the temple from the Tri-state area
can benefit from this offer as a service from SrI RanganAtha Temple.

Most of the responses that I have recieved are from
states outiside  New York at considerable distances
from the temple . Genuine expressions of interests have been
conveyed about interest to learn and practise sandhyAvandhanam .

Although there are some recordings are available , I thought
it will be a good idea to record first an audio tape and follw it up
with a CD ROM on the following subjects :

1. Procedures for Performing Sandhya for Yajur, Saama and
    Rg Vedams by hand picked individuals belonging to those
    SaakhAs . I will cover Yajur Veda SaakhA . A Rg Vedi and
    Saama Vedi have volunteered to help.

2. Commentaries on the Veda Manthrams used in SandhyA
    Vandhanam and the Vedic context of SandhyA Vandhanam

3. Comments on the vessels to be used , clothes to be worn ,
    directions to be faced for the different sandhyA worship et al .

4. The significance of Gaayathri Manthram .

5. Maanasika SnAnams , Manthra SnAnams and PrAyascchittha
    Mantrams , ways to perform SandhyA , when travelling .

If there is sufficent interst , I will be happy to assemble an audio
tape first and look for the release of a Multimedia CD ROM later .

Given the amount of work involved in preparing this tape
You would have to bear with me  from 4 to six weeks.

Please let me know of your serious interests in
the proposed effort .

V.Sadagopan

3.

Yahoo! Groups Links