You are here: SriPedia - Oppiliappan - Archives - Apr 2004

Oppiliappan List Archive: Message 00158 Apr 2004

Apr 2004 Indexes ( Date | Thread | Author )

Dear Srimathi Venkatachary Raghavan,

Pranams,

What you have specified on this topic is quite true. By the way,
the way you written in terms of dream is actually a reality in
one of the Glorious Svayamvyakta ShEtrams. KsheerAnnam is
prepared every year regulary there and distributed to hundreds
of BhAgavatAs. It is situated in Tirunelveli district in
Tamilnadu. The name of the Divya Desam is NangunEri (also known
as vAnamAmalai).

VAnamAmalai -  This is Moolavar's thirnAmam.
Utsavar - DeivanAyakan
ThAyAr  - Srivaramangai

Moolavar is in sitting posture as in Paramapadam. He is
surrounded by about 9 people inside who have longed to do
Kaimkaryam to Him.

VimAnam - NandAvartana vimAnam
Pushkarani - SEttru thAmarai
MangalAsAsanam - NammAzhwar - 5.7 ("NOttra nOmbilEn..)- Azhwar
describes His inability to follow any means to attain MOksha,
and hence totally surrenders to Him. You can see NammAzhwar's
vigraham in satAri.

Moolavar has a regular ThailakkAppu everyday.

The temple is under the management of VAnamAmali mutt. The place
is easily accessible from Tirunelveli. It can also be directly
reached from chennai by train. To give you an idea abnout
neighbouring Divya DEsam, it is Tirukkurungudi. It is about 8-10
kms from VAnamAmalai. PerumAl is in Nindra TirukkOlam with
beautiful varnakalApam.

aDiyEn,
ramanan rAmAnuja dAsan

Get your own "800" number