You are here: SriPedia - Oppiliappan - Archives - Apr 2007

Oppiliappan List Archive: Message 00143 Apr 2007

Apr 2007 Indexes ( Date | Thread | Author )

Sriraman Swamy,

              It is indeed very kind 0f you, to tolerate rude sevarthis like me, who always get annoyed when we visit a divyadesam and find indifferent attitude from the Bhattars. To hear that the conditions have since improved after my last visit, Sevarthis like me will whole heartedly thank you and all those who have made it possible.  I appreciate you and the team which were involved in this noble task. Kindly examine the possibility of involving local children doing "NAMA SANGIRTHANA" in the evenings daily. Also the sthala Vrisham, Pala maram  having that shanku has to be watered regularly and underneath of the tree cleaned regularly which act will add divinity and attract sevarthis attention.Very recently I read about Thirukkudalur Kshetram and Kollidam River. I was wondering why such a Divyadesam has become lamentable. I am very happy indeed to hear the greatest news of the day and look forward to have Darshan of Jagathralshaga Perumal at the earliest.

Thankyou once again for the good News,

           My sincere regards,

                                                              S RAJAGOPALAN

ramsri19@xxxxxxxxx wrote:
Sri Rajagopalan Swamin,

Thankful for the mail.

adiyen has since apprised Sri Bharti of Thirukkoodalur of your views. He seems to be aware of your trip ( about a year back) and did admit to the omissions. As mentioned earlier, a trust by name "Sangamapuri" has been formed by locals ( only a month old) and they are taking care of the kainkaryams, with the help of many sevarthis. Things are definitely better now, looks like.

As mentioned by you ( and also in adiyen's mail),  the challenge is to make the Archakars present in the temple during the seva time - in mornings & evenings. Adiyen would urge all sevarthis and kainkaryaparas to visit Thirukkoodalur and do share their experiences in this forum and we are sure over a period we would be successful in making the archakars remain put at temple premises so that no sevarthi goes without having darshan of divyadesa dhampatis.

As for the cleanliness & up keep, steps have been taken and hope this is better than when it was during swamin's visit.

The point adiyen wanted to make here is that lot of fund, money et all is available and we are trying to see if a good system can be put in place to monitor and take care of the kainkaryams. Sangamapuri is an effort towards achieving that, wherin all the locals are involved.

As promised, adiyen shall post in a couple of weeks' time the list of various utsavams and kainkaryams done in Thirukkoodalur. Any of the sevarthis visiting Thirukkoodalur may please call up Sri Bharati, one of the founders and coordinator of the Trust in case of any difficulty, complaints and suggestions on Thirukkoodalur. If any one is held up at the temple premises and the archakar is not present, please do call up Sri Bharati on his mobile and he would attend to the sevartis immediately. Adiyen, with the help of many like minded sevarthis, is striving to make the Archakar commit the temple timinmgs in Thirukkoodalur and sure that we would be successful that shortly we can put up the timings of seva at the temple, with the contact details of persons to be contacted.

adiyen again urge all to shatre their experiences of visit so that we are all well informed of the kainkaryams and take appropriate view on further kainkaryams.

dasan
sriraman