You are here: SriPedia - Oppiliappan - Archives - Apr 2007

Oppiliappan List Archive: Message 00196 Apr 2007

Apr 2007 Indexes ( Date | Thread | Author )

Kannan Swamin
                    If Bhattar is not there Temple will not get opened in most of the Divyadesams located in villages. Having come from far off places and a tiring journey, you will find yourself in an awful situation.
The journey is undertaken only to Be with Shriman Narayana. You can imagin the plight of old Sevarthis in such situation and that too in scorching summer.
It is not correct to keep Sevarthis in miserable position and hope for their visits for the prosperity of the divyadesam. If the Bhattars can not stick to the Divyadesams timings and schedules, what for they are?

                                                                  S RAJAGOPALAN

KANNAN SAMPATH <ittblazers_in@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
Dear Sriman Rajagopalan,

It again boils down to the fact that we all lack patience and all our itenary are packed.  Why should we not consider that we have more time to be with our dear Narayana if the Bhattar is not there and our Dear God wants us to be with Him for more time.  Why should we not use that time to recite Vedams or Divya Prabhandam or start reciting Sahasranamam(lot of people will join you for sure in the recitation) and it may become a routine for all you know and you would have started a practice without your knowledge....or go around the temple and its Praharams and we may gain more knowledge about our Traditions and the History....

I strongly feel, only if He allows us to see we can see Him at his appointed time and not our appointed time. Please correct me if I am wrong.  I can give you umpteen examples from my personal life on this but it will be out of context.  So please do not blame Bhattars, and kindly understand that He wants us to spend more time with Him in His Premises.

Actually, I wanted to write these yesterday itself, but somehow missed it.  Since that you pointed out I thought I will write.  That is His Mahimai

Vachaha Doshaha Kshandavyaha

With Pranams,
Adiyen

Kannan

s Rajagopalan <s11081946@yahoo.co.in> wrote:
Sriman Kannan SAmpaths BHAKTHI TOURISM is a good idea. Already no of Bakthas are doing it. I have seen groups of people visiting temples during week ends in vans etc. TV,  News papers and magazines are giving the much needed publicity. Bhattachars, local Auto operators have told me that Bakthas nos have increased. One heridity trustee privately confessed that Bhattars are getting better renumeration(Thattu Collection) now. But basically what is needed is facilities for sevarthis who visit for worship.If such facilities are available, they will not hurry back and will prolong their stay. In turn it will lead to physical kainkaryam or say shramadhan like cleaning the temple premises/garden, praharams etc. A number of Seva Groups also arrange such shramadhan once in a month in different temples. With more  facilities are available, more sevarthis will visit which will lead to prosperity in the divyadesams.

                                                                         SRG

                                                                S RAJAGOPALAN

KANNAN SAMPATH <ittblazers_in@yahoo.com> wrote:
Dear Everyone,

Please accept my Pranams

I am an avid reader of this Group and have been writing very rarely as my knowledge is very limited compared to those writing on this forum

I think we have narrowed down on the reason of the dilapidated condition of our DDs after so much of discussions.  IT IS WE and US NOT VISITING these kshetrams has brought it to the present status as all of us are busy with our lives chasing loukeekams and are loaded with many problems both at home and at work, which definitely not gives us room to visit DDs instead during weekends we try to go some resort and relax to let out our tension.

Instead if we make it a point to visit DDs during weekends (as lot of companies have resorted to 5 days a week) and pray to Divyadhampathis, it will automatically generate cash to the Bhattars, revenue to the temple(first time we go we may put in some money in Hundi and we may have something in mind to fulfil and if done we may spend money for Thaligai, etc or sevais the next time).  It will also increase the tourism in that city/area and make the local hotels/restaurants  richer(it is a comparative statement) who will have some more money to spend and they or their wives will spend some part of it to the temple.  Also if we visit the temple, we may like to buy some local goods and those local industry will also start flourishing.  The main reason I concluded from my experience is we have moved away from Towns/Villages and moved to Cities and further, we have moved away from Tamil Nadu as we all know lot of Vaishnavites are spread throughout the world, including me(why to spare me).  Even if we come during vacations, we will have enough items in the list to skip the DDs.

Further, in today's world, please correct me if I am wrong, we would like to sit back and watch TV / DVD instead of physically visiting the DDs especially the older generation as we have all comforts in our house and they have done enough running around during their working years(as most of the mothers are working mothers nowadays). All these cumulatively over the period of time have hit hard those DDs and we have to blame ourselves for the present condition.

So I feel that we all should visit DDs regularly (maybe form itenary for Naadus every time ) .  Make sure that we give our parents enough enthusiasm to make them visit DDs regularly like providing car/good boarding/lodging facility.

I strongly feel by doing the above, the conditions of DD will improve dramatically.  I am not finding fault or doing anything like that for the efforts put in by you all.  It is a very great and commendable effort.  I am not undermining the efforts.  Please do not misread me.  I am just giving another suggestion which I feel will help the DDs greatly.

Adiyen
Dasan
Kannan

Vasudevan Varahachary <mailvasutoday@yahoo.com> wrote:
I will be there on 15th of this month along with Sri. Rajagopalan Swami WE will sort it out
God is with us Nobody is against us.--Vasudevan Varahachary Ayyengar

ramsri19@yahoo.com wrote:
Sri:

adiyen was told of the kiankaryam by Vedics. adiyen is given to understand that the kainkaryams were pre-2003 mahasamprokshanam days. Infact, adiyen had the baghyam of attending a Sat evening goshti, during which "Chakkarapongal" was distributed and was told that Sriman Srikanth (if rememberance is right) from US and part of Vedics was involved in the kainkaryam.

Keeping Thirukkoodalur temple open is a problem which has been expressed in all our mails. We hope with all the current efforts, we would be in a position to achieve that and Sriman Narayana will help us and guide to serve Him and the sevarthis better.

dasan
Sriraman