You are here: SriPedia - Oppiliappan - Archives - Apr 2008

Oppiliappan List Archive: Message 00091 Apr 2008

Apr 2008 Indexes ( Date | Thread | Author )

Ohm Namo SrIman NarayaNAya

Sri Mathe Sri Lakshmi Nrisimha Divya Paaduka Sevaga Srivan Satkova Sri Narayana Yatheenthra Mahaa Desikaya Namaha:

Adiyen Dasan , Thendam Samarpitha vighyabhanam

What a great coincidence. I was just pondering over what "SARVADHARI" really means when I opened my Yahoo and found the immediate answer. Not only simple  one word answer but a great explanation with wonderful quotes. Adiyen is extremely thankful  to you for sharing such priceless thoughts even without asking for it. This is the real benefit  we poor ignorant AasthikAs get on account of association with Sri Vaishnava Scholars like you.
Adiyen seeks your blessings  on the eve of this "SARVADAHRI" new year
Dasan
R. Jagannathan

"Dr. Sadagopan" <yennappan@xxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
SrI:

Dear AasthikAs :

The name of SarvadhAri for this one day old
New Year has some powerful VedAnthic
associations .

It is SarvadhAri ; in the masculine gender , it
refers to SarvEswaran , who bears every thing
by being " SarvabhUthAntharathmaa ".
He is the supporter/bearer of all chEtanAchEtanams
( BhUthabhrith --6th Sri VishNu'Sahasra Naamam) .
He is the soul of all Beings ( BhUthAthmA--8th
Sri VishNu Sahasra Naamam).In Srimad RaamAyaNam,
Brahma dEvan salutes the Lord in this context as
" Jagath sarvam Sareeram tE ". He nourishes all
that He bears and protects them .Brahma samhithai
salutes Him as a SarvadhAri this way :

" sarvajn~a: sarvaga: sarva: sarvam
aavruthya tishtathi"

(Meaning ): " He is Omniscient , all-pervading ,
and is Himself all things . He stands enveloping
all things " .

As SarvadhAri , He is the " PradhAna PurushESwaran"
and as such He bears and maintains this universe .He is
indeed Sarvan ( 25th SrI VishNu sahasra Naamam) .
He is Dharan ( Sarvaadhara Sridharan) .

Our Lord is also DharaNee dharan or the bearer of
the Earth .He bears all ( Sarva dharan) ; He bears
the earth and heaven ( udhruthAsi VarAhENa ).
He is dharAdharan ( 762nd VishNu Sahasra nAmam).
He bore the gOvardhana mountain and protected all
( Sarvam) under that " umbrella"( DhArayishyAmi
ghOshDasya-- chathramivAparam ) .

He as SarvadhAri is the abode of heaven and earth
as Mundaka Upanishad states and the Brahma
Soothram based on it proclaims ( Mundaka Upanishad:
II.2.5 and Brahma Soothram I.3.1

Let us offer our grateful thanks to this SarvadhAri
on the first day of the new year and seek His blessings
to get us closer and closer to Him and His BhaagavathAs.

NamO SrIman NarayaNAya ,
Daasan , Oppiliappan Koil VaradAchAri Sadagopan

<*> Your email settings:
Individual Email | Traditional

<*> To change settings online go to:
(Yahoo! ID required)