You are here: SriPedia - Oppiliappan - Archives - Apr 2008

Oppiliappan List Archive: Message 00116 Apr 2008

Apr 2008 Indexes ( Date | Thread | Author )

                                                   Sri:

  Dear Members,

          SANDHYAVANDHANAM has got MANTRAS to take care of all the sins committed

 during the day and night.

The meaning of the PROCHANA MANTRA----suryascha maaMANYASCHA--------------------------------------------------------------------------Juhomi swahaa===================

     May sun,(amd other devas subordinate to sun) purify me from whatever sins

committed during night thro anger,by mind ,by words ,by hands,by feet,by tummy and by genital organs.Let the other sins committed by me earlier be wiped out by the deity controlling the night.I offer as oblation this my soul unto the LORD who is the sole insrument of ones MOKSHA; who is Jyothi, who is the regulator of all events

[source:  taken from the book:SANDHYAVANDHANAM published by SRI VISISHTADVAITA REASEARCH CENTRE and available in SRINRISIMHAPRIYA OFFICE]

            The detailed word by word meaning is available in the TAMIL BOOK

          SANDHYAVANDHANAM---n pdf form for download

                  www.saranagathi.org/~balajis

          The importance of SANDHYAVANDHANAM need not be stressed FURTHER

N.PADMANABAN