You are here: SriPedia - Oppiliappan - Archives - Aug 2002

Oppiliappan List Archive: Message 00014 Aug 2002

IndhIvaradhaLa-SyAma: PuNDarIkanibhEkshaNa:
Dhrutha kOdhaNDa-thUNIrO RAAMA YEVA GATHIR-MAMA

--Raama KarNAmrutha SlOkam

( Neela mEgha SyAmaLan with the lotus soft and
beautiful eyes is Lord Ramabhadran with KOdhandam
and arrow in His hand is my sole refuge).

visAla nEthram paripoorNa ghAthram
SitA KaLathram sura-vairi-jaithram
KaruNya paathram jagatha: pavithram
SRI RAAMARATHNAM PRANATHOSMI NITHYAM

--Raama KarNAmrutham SlOkam

( I prostrate before the gem of Raghu Vamsam ,
Raama Rathnam always. I bow before that
Lord of SitA Devi known for His broad eyes ,
and majestic , upright body . He is the abode of
mercy and the unfailing victor over the enemies
of the DevAs.He is the most sacred ParamAthman
in all the worlds. I bow before Him always ).

SrI:

Dear SrI Raama BhakthAs:

adiyEn will cover the rest of the slOkams of
SrI ParamArTa Sthuthi in this final posting .

SlOkam 6
********
krupaNA: sudhiya: krupAsahAyam
SaraNam ThvAm RaNapungava PrapannA:
apavarga-nayAdh-ananyabhAvA:
varivasyA rasam yEkam aadhriyanthE

Oh Lord Vijaya RaaghavA! Oh The most celebrated
(foremost) among Warriors(RaNa Pungava)! Those
buddhisAlis (SudhiyA:) who recognize their unfitness
to stand up to the rigors of practising Bhakthi yOgam
feel importunate (krupaNA:)and perform SaraNAgathi
at Your holy feet fully knowing that You are
the ocean of Mercy and that You will protect them.
They are clearly aware of Your KaruNai as Your primary
help ( KaruNA SahAyam ) and perform SaraNAgathi as
prapannAs ( ThvAM SaraNam PrapannA:). They do not get
distracted by any tatthvam except Your anantha kalyANa
guNams and SaraNAgatha rakshaNa Vratham (ananya BhAvA:)
and perform prapatthi unto You . They wish for only
one Phalan ( YEkam aadhriyanthE). What is it these
Sudhiya: wish a svboon form You? They only seek
the kaimkarya Aanandham (VarivasyA Rasam )to You and
Your Devi at SrI Vaikuntam as a sukham arising from
Moksha Sidhdi.

SlOkam 7

avadheerya chathurvidham pumarTam
BhavadharTE viniyuktha jeevitha: sann
labhathE Bhavatha: phalAni janthu:
nikhilAnyathra nidharsanam JaDAyu:

Oh Lord of Thriupputtkkuzhi! Any embodied jeevan ,
which casts aside the four kinds of PurushArTams
(Dharma-ArTa-Kaama-Moksham) and places its life as
samarpaNam in Your service gets in return from You
fruits of every kind (Bhavatha: nikhilAni phalAni
labhatE). In this matter , JaDAyu is the prime example
( athra JaDAyu: nidharsanam).

During Your incarnation as SrI Raamachandran ,the eagle
king JaDAyu fought with RaavaNan to free Your dear Consort
from him and got mortally wounded. It gave all what it had
inspite of its advanced age. It fought heroically without
asking anything in return from You. What did you do for
that noble JaDAyu? You blessed JaDAyu superior worlds
and then Moksham. For those , who perform kaimkaryam
to You without anticipating anything in rturn all
the isvaryams in this and the other world come their
way automaticaly.

SlOakm 8
*********

SaraNAgatha-rakshaNa-vrathI maam
na vihAthum RaNapungavaarhasi Thvam
vidhitham bhuvanE VibhIshaNO vaa
yadhi vaa RaavAna ithyudhIritham tE

Oh Lord of Thirupputtkkuzhi! Foremost among Your
Vrathams is that of protecting those who perform
SaraNAgathi at Your Thiruvadi .You are the SaraNAgatha
RakshaNa DhIkshithan. It is not fit for You as the one
who has undertaken SaraNAgatha RakshaNa dhIkshai to
abandon adiyEn SaraNagata-rakshaNa vrathI Thvam
maam vihAthum na arhasi). People of the world know
very well Your command to SugrIvan at Sehtukkarai
(TE udhIritham bhuvanE vidhitham): Be it VibhIshaNan or
RaavaNan himself bring them to Me . I will grant them
abhayam .When You are known all over the world for this
Vratham , adiyEn alone should not be abandoned by You
inspite of my paapams .That wont be consistent with
Your role as Sarva-lOka SaraNYan.

SlOkam 9:
*********

BhujagEndhra GaruthmadhAdhi labhyai:
Thvadhanuj~naa- Anubhava pravAha bhEdhai:
SvapadhE RaNa-pungava Svayam mE
paricharyA vibhavai: parishkriyETA:

Oh Vijaya RaaghavA! At Your Supreme abode (Sva padhE)
AdhisEshan ( BHujagEndhra:), GaruDan , the other Nithya
Sooris as well as Muktha Jeevans enjoy You in a manner
befitting Your wish . Their enjoyment overflows as flood
in many directions . Many special kaimkaryams that please
Your ThiruvuLLam arise form their kaimkarya prApthis.
It is adiyEn's prayer to You for gaining such kaimkarya
prApthi at Your Parama Padham . The anubhavam of enjoying
You should blossom forth in the shape of many Kiamkaryams
to You. Those kaimkaryams should be accepted by You
and should cause pleasure to You. It is well known that You
feel happy over nishkAma Kaimkaryams by ParamaikAnthis.

SlOkam 10:
***********

vimalAsaya VenkatEsa JanmA
ramaNIyA RaNapungava-prasAdhAth
anasooyubhi: aadharENa bhAvyA
ParamArTa-sthuthi: anvaham prapannai:

This delectable (RamaNIya ) eulogy named
ParamArTa sthuthi arose from the VenkatEsa Kavi of
blemish free mind . This happened as a result of
the grace of Thirupputtkkuzhi VijayarAgava PerumAn.
The PrapannAs , who have performed SaraNAgahti at
the Thiruvadi of the Lord get cleansed from the dhOshams
such as Jealousy and intolerance. May Those PrapannAs
free of dhOshams recite this Sthuthi daily with
sraddhA and gain the anugraham of SrI Maragathavalli
SamEtha Sri Viujaya Raaghavan!

On the way to our PuNya BhUmi to participate
in the Swamy Desikan focussed KshEthrAdanam ,
adiyEn seeks the blessings of PrapannAs and
the great ones (MahAnthO anugrahNanthu)!

adiyEn's journey would start with the avathAra Sthalam
of Swamy Desikan , His agrahAra Dhaivam , SrI DhIpa
PrakAsan , who was eulogized in SrI SaraNAgathi DhIpikai
and will move on to His AarAdhana Moorthy,Lord VaradarAjan
on top of Hasthigiri.

>From Kaanchi it will continue on to ThiruvahIndhrapuram,
where he blessed us with many SrI Sookthis and attend
the Adi Pooram celebrations (GodhA Sthuthi)there.

Next the RathnAngi Sevai of Uthsavar Oppiliappan
(Ponnappan ) and BhUmi Devi with MaaNikka KoNDi)
on their golden rathams and the adhyAsccharya Sevai of
Moolavar ThiruviNNagarappan (DakshiNa VenkatEsan).

Subsequent to that stay at my birth place ,
adiyen plans to move on to SrIrangam , where
Swamy Desikan ascended to parama Padham.

The final stop would be the dhivya Desam , where
DayA sathakam originated (Thirumalai) and the blessings of
UdhayAsthaman Sevai on August 15.

With the Sevai of Lord Venkata KrishNan at ThiruvallikkENI
and Azhagiya Singar (TweLLiya Singham ) , this special and
brief journey should conclude.

adiyEn's thanks to all the BhaagavathAs , who have
supported many kaimakryams oer the past few years.

may the Dhivya dampathis bless you all!

AdiyEn plans to bring with me the final version
of Volume I of the Life and Vaibhavam of the 12 AzhwArs.
This volume contains the lives and audio recitations
of the dhivya prabhandhams of PeriyAzhwAr,
Godha PirAtti, ThiruppANar and ThoNDaradippodi.

Kavi-taarkika SimhAya KalyANa-guNa-saalinE
SrimathE VenkatEsAya VedAntha GuravE nama:

SrI VijayarAghava ParabrahmaNE Nama:
Swamy Desikan ThiruvadigaLE SaraNam,
Daasan , Oppiliappan Koil VaradAchAri SadagOpan

Home Page
http://www.ibiblio.org/sripedia
oppiliappan-subscribe@yahoogroups.com
To subscribe to the list