You are here: SriPedia - Oppiliappan - Archives - Aug 2002

Oppiliappan List Archive: Message 00019 Aug 2002

SrimatE Raamaanujaaya Namaha //
SrimatE Nigamaanta Mahaa Desikaaya Namaha //
SrIman! SrI Ranga Sriyam anubadravam anudhinam Samvardhaya/
SrIman! SrI Ranga Sriyam anubadravam anudhinam Samvardhaya//
KAvEri VardhathAm kAlE, kAlE varshathu vAsava: /
SrI RanganAthO jayathu Sri Ranga Sri cha VardhathAm//
SRI RANGA SRI VOL.03 / ISSUE # 36 dated 15th August 2002
EDITORIAL:
Dear Bhagavatas:
By the grace of Divya Dampathis and Asmad Acharyan, the Upanayanam of my grandson, Chi. Pradhyumnan went off very well. We had the baaghyam of having darsanam at close quarters at almost all the Divyadesams visited and had been blessed with audience of almost all Yathivaras,Acharyas and Scholars.

Some interesting details will be posted later on.

An important highlight of this visit was that H.H. Srimad Andavan of
Poundarikapuram Swami Ashramam, Srirangam initiated the undersigned into ?Sri Lakshmi Hayagriva Mahaa Mantram? as he did into ?Sudarsana Mahaa Mantram? on an earlier occasion.

On 9th August 2002, we returned safe to Cleveland, where I will be staying for sometime for giving instructions on Sandhyavandanam to a group of kids in this place who had Upanayanam recently and classes on Tiruvaaraadana kramam and Swmi Desika StOtrams and Prabandams to those interested to learn.
Dasoham
Anbil Ramaswamy
Editor & Publisher
?Sri Ranga Sri?
IN THIS ISSUE
1. ?SRIMAD GOPALA DESIKA MAHA DESIKA VIMSATI? ?
A POETIC TRIBUTE TO SRIMAD ANDAVAN OF SRI POUNDARIKAPRAM SWAMI ASHRAMAM
(PRAKRITAM PONTIFF OF THE ASHRAMAM)
Part 12: Prakrutam Achaarya (Verses 10 and 11)
By Sri C. G. Balaji {Sri Balaji is the grandson of Sri N.S. Anantha
Rangachar Swami of Bangalore and a Sishya of Parakala Matam}
2. ?RAMAPIRANAI KARPOM?
EXCERPTS FROM BOOK BY H.H. SRIMAD ANDAVAN OF POUNDARIKAPURAM SWAMI ASHRAMAM?
? Part 15
(Translation by Anbil Ramaswamy)
We have so far presented in the form of catechism, 57 questions raised and answered by H.H. In this Issue, we present Question 58 on Dasaratha?s going back on his promise to accompany Sage Viswamitra.
Question 58: Do you know why Dasaratha reneged on his promise to himself accompanying Sage Viswamitra instead of sending Sri Rama and Lakshmana with him?
Copies of the book can be had from anyone of the following:
1. Sri Nrisimhapriya office, Mylapore, Chennai 600 004 (Phone:4611540)
2. Dr. S. Parthasarathy Desika sadanam, 24, 28th Cross,
Besantnagar, Chennai 600 090 (Phone: 490 0327)
3. Sri N.K.Ramaswamy 213 East Uttara Street,
Srirangam 620 006 (Phone: 434 438)
4. Sri D. Rajagopalan, D-B/109A, DDA Flats, Harinagar,
New Delhi 110 064 (Phone:5492877)
5. Dr. N. Anantha Narasimhachariar, 33 Sameerapuram 2ndcross, Chamarajpet, Bangalore 560 018 (Phone: 6511056) 6. Dr. N. Gopalachari, Sri Krishna Sabha Plot 264, J.S.Yagnik Marg, Sion East,Mumbai 400 002 (Phone: 4094 495 / 4095 582)
7. Sri N.S. Parthasarathy, 1 Raghavaiah Road, T.Nagar,
Chennai 600 017 (Phone: 8280949).
3. DESIKAMRUTHAM ? SWAMI DESIKA?S SIMILES ?UPAMA? ?
Part 15 (84 to 86)
(Anbil Ramaswamy)
4. ?FROM MAHABHARATA ? ?YAKSHA PRASNAM? ?Part 11
(Prasnam 34 & 35)
(By Sri M.K. Ramaswamy Iyengar Swami - Retired Senior Officer of Govt. of India)
EDITOR?S NOTE: The ?Yaksha Prasnam? is an important topic in which very many esoteric truths are discussed in a conversation between Dharma in the form of a Yaksha and Dharma ? putra -Yudishtira. Though Yaksha?s questions and Yudishtira?s replies may appear, on the face of it, simple and commonplace, there is deeper philosophical significance beneath them. There are about 125 Questions and Answers that reveal these in a subtle manner but with deep undercurrent of practical wisdom. The author who has done intense research on the subject brings to light these aspects in simple, clear and understandable English, for our benefit)
5. SRIMAD RAHASYA TRAYA SAARAM ?
THE PEERLESS PRECEPTOR- PART 12
By Sri Sadagopan Iyengar, from Coimbatore

Home Page
http://www.ibiblio.org/sripedia
oppiliappan-subscribe@yahoogroups.com
To subscribe to the list