You are here: SriPedia - Oppiliappan - Archives - Aug 2004

Oppiliappan List Archive: Message 00001 Aug 2004

 --- Sudarshan K Madabushi
<mksudarshan2002@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> To: tiruvenkatam@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
> From: "Sudarshan K Madabushi"
> <mksudarshan2002@xxxxxxxxxxx>
> Date: Sun, 01 Aug 2004 09:30:19 -0000
> Subject: [t'venkatam] "WITNESS FOR THE PROSECUTION"!
> --------------------------------

Dear members,

For the benefit of those who are interested, I have
converted the entire exchange between Sri Sadagopan
Iyengar and myself last week, on the subject of
"agni-parIksha", into a MS-Word file and uploaded it
onto the Tiruvenkatam Group List's "FILES" section. I
have named the file "Witness for the Prosecution"!

I believe the transcript of the so-called "mock trial
proceedings" is a very informative and important
addition to our archives. Anyone taking the trouble to
read it fully will surely get a good view and grasp of
both sides of what is definitely the most
controversial incident in the Valmiki Ramayana.

I thank Sri Sadagopan Iyengar for his time and effort,
and most importantly, for his good humour and
enthusiasm shown during the heat of the exchange. By
agreeing to play along with me, he has truly
helped all of us to both deepen and heighten our
individual understanding of that grand episode with
which the Ramayana climaxes.

I hope every member who reads "WITNESS FOR THE
PROSECUTION" in the T'venkatam archive "FILES" will
become a serious and continuing student of the Valmiki
Ramayana.

Our Prostrations to the Divine Couple and to the Glory
of the Ramayana!

Thanks and rgds,

dAsan,
Sudarshan