You are here: SriPedia - Oppiliappan - Archives - Aug 2004

Oppiliappan List Archive: Message 00004 Aug 2004

----- Original Message -----
Sent: Saturday, July 31, 2004 11:27 PM
Subject: Re: [ramanuja] AchArya Hrdhayam, nAnmugan thiruvandhAdhi,Mumukshuppadi: Posts - make my day.

                                    GREATNESS OF EDU
EDu is magnum opus for several reasons. One of the reason is that it views thiru-voi-mozhi as an experience between the Lord and AzhwAr and in several commentaries present this in the form of conversation between the two. '

The avathAriagai to the thriuvoimzohi 10-8-"thiru-mAl-irunjOlai enREAn enna"  follows the vyAkyAnam for the ninth pAsruam"inRennaip poruLAkki thannadhennuL viathai" instead of the popular 10th pAsuram"vuRREan".

The final Edu words in the avathArigai concludes like this:After having conversed with AzhwAr, the Almighty did not have any proper response and scratched the floor with his legs. "..sollalAvadhoRu mARu mARRam kANAmaiyAlEa kavizhndhu ninRu, kAlAlEa thaRaiyaik kERinAn" Such wondeful commentary is again reflected in AchArya Hrdhayam in more elaborate manner -refer to AchArya hrdhayam -209-sUthram 228-14.

I have always been enchanted by EDu especially this emotional nexus and the exhilarating vyAkyAnam-s.

When I write these messages, it is not mechanical but bestows me knowledge,  gives me immense pleasure and sensation and in fact gives a feeling of  a bridge laid between me and AzhwAr/AchAryAs and the Lord sriman nArAyaNA.

Thank you one and all

dAsan
vanamamalai padmanabhan

Yahoo! Groups Sponsor