You are here: SriPedia - Oppiliappan - Archives - Aug 2004

Oppiliappan List Archive: Message 00012 Aug 2004

Sri:

SrimatE Gopaladesika MahadesikAya Namaha,

Translation by U.Ve. Dr. V.N. Vedanta Desikan Swamin:

958. mAthasthvadharpithaBharasya mukundhapAdhE
        BhadhrEtharANi yadhi nAma Bhavanthi BhUya:
        KIrthi: prapannaparirakshaNadhIkshithAyA:
        Kim na thrapEtha thava kAnchanapAdharakshE

Oh Mother Gold Paaduka! I have had, by You, deposited my burden at
the Feet of Mukunda, the Moksha-giver. If under this circumstance,
something not good, not auspicious, occurs to me, what is to happen
to Your great reputation as a saviour of Prapannas? Would that
reputation not be sullied to become shame-faced?

Namo Narayana,

SriMuralidhara Dasan

Special Notes by V.Sadagopan (V.S):

slOkam 958

1) UtthamUr  Swamy's anubhavam : Oh Golden PaadhukA , Oh Mother !
I do not think Your reputation as the One , who delivers the Jeevans
at the feet of the Lord as a part of their SaraNAgathy is sullied .
You have vowed to protect the PrapannAs . Hence , I am not worried
about being abandoned. No inauspiciousness will come to me because
of Your established reputation as a protector of those , who have
perfromed BharanyAsam . I have unswerving faith in You to take me to
the Lord's sacred feet to be blessed with the fruits of BharanyAsam .

2) SrImath Andavan's anubhavam : Oh Golden Paadhukais with
the determination to grant BhOga-mOkshams to those , who perform
SaraNAgathy unto You ! With Your mighty sipArsu , You have placed
the burden of my protection at the sacred feet of Your Lord. After
becoming the object of both of Your protection , if any
inauspiciousness occurs, it will  be a slander to both of Your
keerthi and Vaibhavam . There will be damage to Your Keerthi (
Keerthi hAni)  as a result of such lapses of failing to protect a
SaraNAgathan. It must indeed be my pApams that make You ignore me
unmindful of the damage to Your reputaton as unfailing SaraNAgatha
Rakshakan .

3) Oh Mother ! Oh Golden PaadhukE ( Maatha: Kaanchana PaadhukE ) !
You have placed me at the sacred feet of the Lord , who is the
grantor of
BhOgams in this world and Moksham in the other world ( Mukundha
PaadhE Thvadharpitha Bhara: ) . After reaching this coveted state as
a Prapannan , who has performed Bhara samarpaNam ,
any inauspiciousness encountered by  me ( BhUya : bhadrEtharANi
bhavanthi yadhi nAma ) in  the post-prapatthi state  will affect
Your
reputation as the celebrated One vowed to protecting ParapannAs
( Prapanna parirakshaNa dheekshithAyA: tava Keerthi: na
trapEtha kim ? ) ...(V.S).

http://us.click.yahoo.com/Z1wmxD/DREIAA/yQLSAA/XUWolB/TM