You are here: SriPedia - Oppiliappan - Archives - Aug 2004

Oppiliappan List Archive: Message 00043 Aug 2004

AchArya Hrdhayam
pathAm pathu

sUthram 228-17

                  1.     I SWEAR BY YOU/PERIYA-PIRATTI- LEAVE ME NOT OH!LORD. -thiru-ANai-nin-ANai
              2.     THIS IS ALL BECAUSE OF YOU/YOUR SELAM-SEIDHIP PIZHAI.

"thalai misaiyAi vandha thALgaLaip pUNdu pOgAmal thaduthuth thiruvANai ittuk, kUsam seiyyAdha seidhip pizhai'

1.thiru-ANai-nin-ANai
swAmi nam-AzhwAr realises that the archirAdhi, the royale receiption, the unblemished and unalloyed, infinite affection are visions as bestowed by the Lord sri Almighty. However, he wanted the Lord not to leave him at all at this juncture or subseqently. Hence, AzhwAr literally clasps the Lord's divine feet and practically stops him from proceeding away from Him. He also spreads out an  indefensive net/Order/promise/oath -"thiru-ANai -nin-ANai-kaNdAi" thiru-voi-mozhi 10-10-2;

'You should  not leave me henceforth- ini nAn pOgal-vottEan' 10-10-1;
'thalai mEal puNaindhEan charaNangaL'--I have adorned the divine feet of the Lord - 10-6-6;

thiur-ANai-nin-ANai kaNdAi: I swear by You, Oh!Lord You should not leave me; swear by periya-pirAttiyAr-Oh!Lord You should not leave me' are the words.10-10-2;

sriman nArAyaNA asks AzhwAr : AzhwAr, you know very well that as per the nature and attribute of the soul, you shold not demand such action/inaction from my side. Is it fair?

The reply is:-
2.SEIDHIP PIZHAI
nEsam sedhu vunnOdu-vuyir-vEaRanRi voNNagaVEA: Kindly recall what happened earlier. That is exactly what I tried to do. I wanted to distance myself from You, considering my smallness and Your bigness. You swooped down on me, entered my heart, mixed with me obliterating the difference between You and me. Having done everything, now You try to blame it on me. Whose intiative and action was it all along, Oh! Lord. It is the mistake of the deed on Your part.
That is here termed as -seidhip pizhai. -
'nEsam seidhu-ennai-vuyir vEARanRi voNRAgavEa-kUsam seiyAdhu
koNdAi....' 10-1;

AzhwAr further, submits justifications for the Lord not to leave him.

vanamamalai padmanabhan

Yahoo! Groups Sponsor
click here

Yahoo! Groups Links