You are here: SriPedia - Oppiliappan - Archives - Aug 2004

Oppiliappan List Archive: Message 00075 Aug 2004

                                                            VIDHI

It is common to observe people to utter the word "ellam en vidhi" -'It is all my fate' when some misfortune strikes them. In common parlance, thus it is seen that  ill-luck or unfortunate incident is attributed to one's 'vidhi'.

What does swAmi nam-AzhwAr say in this regard? He also mentions that 'vidhi' -fate- is a factor which cannot be stopped by us.
"edhu thavirkka mudiyAdhOA" adhu 'vidhi'. However, he generally uses this word in the good sense in complete contrast to the common sense of ill-luck or misfortune.

In the fifth ten of thriu-voi-mozhi first pAsuram

"kaiAr chakkarathu.....
vidhi vAikkinRu kAppAr Ar..." 5-1-1;

Here, AzhwAr mentions, the immnese grace of the Lord has befallen me. Who can save me from this? I have been feigning affection towards the Lord. His grace has fallen on me- vidhi vAikkinRu kAppAr Ar? -

EDU:

"ivar vidhi engiRadhu bhagavath krpaiyai. adhukkadi, avanAl thappavoNNAdhapadi irukkaiyAlEA"
Here 'vidhi' is meant as the Grace of the Lord. That is because, nobody can escape from His action.

(to be continued)
vanamamalai padmanabhan

Yahoo! Groups Sponsor
click here