You are here: SriPedia - Oppiliappan - Archives - Aug 2004

Oppiliappan List Archive: Message 00106 Aug 2004

Sri:

SrimatE Gopaladesika MahadesikAya Namaha,

Translation by U.Ve. Dr. V.N. Vedanta Desikan Swamin:

973. kimaham maNipAdhukE! ThvayA mE
       sulaBhE ranganiDhoU shriyA sanAThE
       karaNAni puna: kadharThayEyam
       krupaNadhvArAsikAdhidhuKhaI:

Oh Manipaaduka! Lord Ranganatha with his consort resides in
Srirangam. That `Sriranganidhi' is my cherished treasure, easily
made available to me through Your help. After this would I again
repeat (as in my earlier births) the process of sitting outside the
doors of misers, wasting my limbs in vain efforts?

Namo Narayana,

SriMuralidhara Dasan

Special Notes by V.Sadagopan(V.S):

SlOkam 973

1) UtthamUr  Swamy's anubhavam: Oh MaNi PadhukE ! When I have
obtained with Your help the unique wealth resident at Srirangam
easily, why would I let my faculty of senses reside at the gates of
residences of misers and engage in the despicable act of begging for
money from them as in my previous births ? I will not.

2) SrImath Andavan's anubhavam: Oh MaNi PaadukE ! Will any one
who has been revealed an incomparable treasure ever go again in
search of alms to sustain himself ? Your Lord is easily attainable ;
He is the grantor of all desired wishes all the way upto MOksham
and is always with MahA Lakshmi (Sriya: SrI: ). He has elected to
stay under Ranga VimAnam to make it easy for all to have His darsana
soubhAgyam and to recieve His anugraham. Oh PaadhukE ! After
attaining Yourself and Your Lord of such glories, will I ever stoop
to beg for perishable and insignificant wealth ( vide : 954th
SlOkam) as before gaining You both? Anya Phala apEkshai ( seeking
other Phalans) and ananya SaraNam (seeking protection from
others) are out of the question now that I have been blessed
with the treasure of both Yourself and Your Lord.  The importance
of SadAchArya KatAksham is revealed here as Parama PurushArTam.

3) Oh Gem-studded PaadhukE ! When I have in my possesion
the treasure blessed to me , the easy-to-acccess Ranga Nidhi
with MahA Lakshmi ( MaNi PaadhukE ! ThvayA mE sulabhE
SriyA sanATE Ranga nidhou sathi) , why would I stand once again
before the doors of misers and haughty ones and suffer
the indignities  of begging them for perishable and insignificant
wealth ( Ranga Nidhou sathi , aham karaNAni krupaNa dhvAra
durAsikAdhi dukkhai: kim kadharTayEyam) ? I will never undergo
that demeaning experience ...(V.S).

http://us.click.yahoo.com/Z1wmxD/DREIAA/yQLSAA/XUWolB/TM