You are here: SriPedia - Oppiliappan - Archives - Aug 2004

Oppiliappan List Archive: Message 00128 Aug 2004

Sri:

SrimatE Gopaladesika MahadesikAya Namaha,

Translation by U.Ve. Dr. V.N. Vedanta Desikan Swamin:

977. alamachyuthapAdhukE! yaThAvath BhavathI yaccha padham
thvadhEkaDhAryam itharEthaBhUShitham thadhEthath dhvithayam
samvananAya chEthasO na:

Oh Achyuta Paaduka! You-Lotus Feet-You two constitute a unique pair.
You alone can bear the Feet. That You both serve mutually as ornament
to the other is a special phenomenon that enthralls our hearts.

(There may be other ornaments, each specific to a limb. But no
ornament bears the limb as the Paaduka does!)

Namo Narayana,

SriMuralidhara Dasan

Special Notes by V.Sadagopan (V.S):

1) UtthamUr  Swamy's anubhavam: BharathA's vow was to worship
both the PaadhukAs and the holy feet of their owner. He was waiting
for that auspicious time to worship both of them together. While
waiitng, he worshipped the PaadhukAs alone to get the boon of worship
of the holy feet of Ramachandra united with the PaadhukAs. This is
the vow of BharathA referred to in the previous verse. In this verse,
Swamy  Desikan points out the glory of the union of the holy feet of
the Lord with the PaadhukAs and explains why that is a unique
phenomenon.

Swamy  Desikan says: " Oh Achyutha Paadhukais ! You alone have
the sole distinction of bearing Your Lord's lotus-soft feet. Your
Lord has many other decorative objects on His various limbs such as
the crown for His head, ear rings, the great gem known as Kousthubham
et al. Those jewels and decorative objects do not support the
appropriate limbs. For instance, the crown does not support the Head
of the Lord; it is the head of the Lord that supports the crown. Oh
PaadhukE ! In Your case, the situation is reversed . You support the
holy feet of the Lord and not vice-versa. The union of Your Lord's
feet with You in this unique context is a delectable experience that
charms our minds".

2) SrImath Andavan's anubhavam : Oh Achyutha PaadhukE who has similar
vaibhavam like Your Lord in not forsaking those, who seek Your
rakshaNam! You may ask whether it is sufficent for me to be blessed
with the PurushArTam of enjoying You with Your Lord. Such an ultimate
goal is sufficent for me. The Lord's sacred feet have matchless
glories . You are parama bhOgyam to Him. Both of You are inseperable
out of Your love for each other. Such a union between You
have taken hold of us and we are deeply entrenched in that aanandha
anubhavam. Therefore, we do not need any other PurushArthams .

3) Oh Achyutha PaadhukE ! Your noble self and those sacred feet
of Your Lord that can be adorned only by You forming a rare couple
decorate each other ( Bhavathee , ThvadhEkadhAryam yath padham cha
tath yEthath dhvidheeyam itharEthra bhUshitham ). Those unified twins
are enough to keep us under their control through their vaseekaraNa
sakthi and we do not seek any other purushArTam ( Na: chEthasa:
samvananAya yaTAvath alam )...(V.S).

http://us.click.yahoo.com/J8kdrA/y20IAA/yQLSAA/XUWolB/TM