You are here: SriPedia - Oppiliappan - Archives - Aug 2004

Oppiliappan List Archive: Message 00145 Aug 2004

SrI:
SrImathE Gopaladesika mahadesikaya namah:

Dearest Srivaishnavas,

[PiraaTTi questions: How can we utter praising You?-
You are asking. four faced - brahmaa, Rudra also can
not say.. PurusHotthaman can do.. and is capable. Even
if I say no and in spite of that, He keeps praising me
always..- That is enough. Why should You do,
Alavandhaar? You can not do justice as You would not
be able to fully comprehend the glories and praise
fully. If you say wrongly, it is apacharam. So, stay
out of trouble and it is good for you. . Alavandhar
says: In as much as You possess Bhagavad GuNAs, You
also possess sowlseelyam, vaaathsalyam, daya, in
fullest glories and hence I have abosultly no fear;
Even Your Lord can not fully comprehend You [as He can
not comprehend His glories Himself] and hence can not
describe You and Praise You fully. So, Your eternal
servant- I- can also start to praise You:

yasyaasthE mahimaanam Athmana iva tvadvallabhObi
prabhu:
naalam maathum iyatthayaa niravathim nithyaanukoolam
swatha:
thAmm thvAmm daasa ithi PRAPANNA ithi cha
sthOshyAmyaham nirbbhaya :
lOkaikEswari lOkanAtha dhayithE dhAnthE DAYAAM thE
vidhan "
[forgive me for transliteration errors]
In the second sloka beginning with Yasyaaste - it is
emphasised that Lakshmi  is an embodiment of Supreme
eminence, limitless and above any contradictions by
pramaanas(proofs).

Your darling Lord- Prabhu- even that Sarvasakshthan-
Most Powerful; Omniscient, [similar to His own glories
 and Self which is ? like Yours- unbounded, unlimited,
innumerable, always sweetest, glorious kalyANa guNAs;]
can not measure and utter in words of praise. Oh the
Mistress of this Universe! [IswarI] Oh dear consort of
the Lord of the Universe! Knowing that You have dayA
for me as a krupaNan (Dheenan ) , adiyEn approaches
You and eulogizes You as Your Daasan and Prapannan-
Saranaagathan- without any fear.

I do not think even that Lord of Yours wwill be able
to fully praise Your glories and understand Your
glories. Does He utter and list down His glories as
well first? His own self is immeasurable and ineffable
by Himself. If His glories are unbounded, unlimited,
innumerable, even Yours as well are equally
immeasurable, unbounded and innumerable. Not because
He is envious of You or He does not know Your
greatness; Like His greatness, this is also equally
sweetening to Him to hear that even he would not be
able to fully praise You.. All times, it is sweet to
Him and to You to hear that both Your glories can not
be fully understood and uttered by anyone including
Him. Then, why should He not be able to tell? Because
Your greatness is always growing unbounded; It is
never the bounded One; It is always exponentially
increasing. He also can not see the limit. As much as
possible, let me also attempt. I was afraid if I would
tell something wrongly and commit apacharam. If
someone decides to scold You, You would ignore them;
(Lord would punish); But of someone (like me) decides
to praise You, even if there is a mistake, being a
repository of compassion, You would accept saying, ?he
is dhAnthan; humble; attempts to praise;? and you
would forgive.

Even if I forgive, others like Brahma, Rudra would
reject and may even scold you for such wrong praises,
mistakes- You may ask me.. But since You are mistress
of the Lord of the Universe and even You have accepted
these praises, and have forgiven, why should I be
scared of others? I am nirbhayan (fearless). Even
then, You should yourself realise that it is too much
and should not start this- are You saying to me? But
being Your eternal servant- dAsa bhUthan- it is my
nature only to praise You and only if I do not do
that, it is incorrect. Even if someone knows this and
still keeps quiet, I can not be like them and keep
quiet. Hence adiyEn approaches You and eulogizes You
as Your Daasan and Prapannan- Saranaagathan- without
any fear..

She is svathO nithyAnukUlai (One who has the natural
disposition to bless Her children at all times).
AlavandhAr recognized this anukampA and PurushakAra
aspects of Her and approached Her as Her Daasan and
Prapannan

ThirumaamagaL ThiruvadigaLE SaraNam
Alavandhar ThiruvadigaLE SaraNam
Regards