You are here: SriPedia - Oppiliappan - Archives - Aug 2004

Oppiliappan List Archive: Message 00155 Aug 2004

Sri:

SrimatE Gopaladesika MahadesikAya Namaha,

Translation by U.Ve. Dr. V.N. Vedanta Desikan Swamin:

986. moULoU sThithA maKhaBhujAmaThavA shruthInAm
        thadhrangarAjacharaNAvani! VaIBhavam thE
        asmAdhrushAmapi yadhi praThitham thatha: syAth
        soUlaBhyamamba! Thadhidham thava sArvaBhoUmam

Oh Mother, Ranganatha Paaduka! You sit on the heads of the Devas;
also on the head of the Vedas (You become the meaning of Vedanta).
Such a Deity surprisingly sits on the heads of persons like me. Yes,
it should be interpreted as the Sowlabhya quality (easy
accessibility to the high as well as the lowly) that manifests with
respect to all beings.

Namo Narayana,

SriMuralidhara Dasan

Special Notes by V.Sadagopan (V.S):

SlOkam 986

1) UtthamUr  Swamy's anubhavam: After describing the benefits
accruing from the service to the PaadhukAs , Swamy  Desikan
celebrates now his good fortune in having ease of access to the
PaadhukAs in this verse. He says : "Oh Rangaraja PaadhukE ! You rest
on the heads of DevAs , who accept the offerings from the YaagAs
(ritual sacrifices); better than that, You adorn the heads of
Upanishads, the heads of the VedAs. Therefore, Your glory is
many fold. The fact that You also rest on the heads of lowly ones
such as myself demonstrates your auspicious attributes known as
readiness of access to the low or mighty (Soulabhyam).

2) SrImath Andavan's anubhavam:My Mother PaadhukE protecting
the sacred feet of the Lord of Srirangam ! How can I describe Your
soulabhyam ? The eternally liberated ones (nithyAs) and the newly
libreated ones ( mukthAs) celebrate the combination of Your soulabhya
guNam along with Your happy state of union with Your Lord's
Thiruvadi as abhinnai (in an inseperable state). Concerned that this
recognition by the MukthAs would not help others outside Parama
Padham, You lent Yourself to become the object of praise by
Upanishads. Still You were worried about all the others in SamsAra
MaNDalam, who were not able to access You and joined therefore Your
Lord in archAvathAram to address that need. Now You made every one
in Parama padham and this world fit objects of Your limiless DayA .
You became clearly visible to us all with our physical eyes right
here at Srirangam. You stay on our heads and also accept our meagre
AarAdhanams. I am overcome by the depth of Your soulabhyam that
uplifts every one .

3) Oh Mother PaadhukE protecting the sacred feet of the Lord of
Srirangam (hE Ambha ! hE RangarAja  charaNAvani ) ! You are used to
being on the heads of DevAs, who partake Havis from Yaj~nams ( Thvam
makhabhujAm mouLou sTithA). You are otherwise seen on the heads of
Veda Siras ( Upanishds), which reveal the most subtle TatthvArTams
and PurushArTams (aTa  vaa srutheenAm mouLou sTithA ). As if this
were not enough, Your Vaibhavam is meditated upon by the nithyAs and
MukthAs in Parama Padham (tE vaibhavam tath). After that, Your
limitless dayA pravAham reaches out to even unfit and
helpless ones struggling in this samsAric world ( tatha: tath idam
soulabhyam asmAdhrasAmapi pravahathi). It becomes well known to all
jeevaraasis (tava Soulabhayam Saarvabhoumam praTitham syAth)...(V.S).

http://us.click.yahoo.com/L5YrjA/eSIIAA/yQLSAA/XUWolB/TM