You are here: SriPedia - Oppiliappan - Archives - Aug 2004

Oppiliappan List Archive: Message 00172 Aug 2004

Sri:

SrimatE Gopaladesika MahadesikAya Namaha,

Translation by U.Ve. Dr. V.N. Vedanta Desikan Swamin:

990. yEna sThithA shirasi mE viDhinADhunA thvam
     thEnaIva dhEvi! niyatham mama sAmparAyE
     lakshIkariShyasi padhAvani! ranganATham
     lakshmIpadhAmburuhayAvakapankalakshyam

Oh Paaduka Devi! Since I now had the privilege of having You on my
head by some great Punya, I am sure that Punya will definitely enable
me to see, by Your help, the Lord Ranganatha, identifiable by the
marks of red dye found on His chest from the Feet of Mahalakshmi.

Namo Narayana,

SriMuralidhara Dasan

Special Notes by V.Sadagopan(V.S):

SlOkma 990

1) UtthamUr  Swamy's anubhavam: Swamy  Desikan expresses his
gratitude to the Paadhukais for their blessings on this earth and
thereafter. He says: " Oh Queen ! Oh Lord's PaadhukE! Due to my good
fortune accumulated through Your blessings , You sit now on my head ;
the same good fortune  is going to cause the resting of RanganAthA's
feet adorned with the red dye belonging to MahA Lakshmi on my head and
mark me out as a dear one to Him during my last moments on this earth.
That good fortune will lead me to Moksham after this life on earth".

2) SrImath Andavan's anubhavam : Now Paadhukais ask Swamy Desikan
a question : " In the previous slOkam , You said that it si enough to
stay in this blissful state of offering kaimakryams to me at
Srirangam. How long can you stay in that state with your perishable
body? Therefore, should You not  be thinking about the Lord at His
Superior place of Parama Padham? ". Swamy answers this way : Oh
PaadhukE ! why should I worry about that when You are permanently
dwelling on my head out of Your vaathsalyam. When the time
comes for me to cast my earthly body, wont You be bringing Your Lord
on Your back before me? The  second after that anthima
saakshAthkAram, adiyEn's Parama Padha siddhi ( attainment of Vaikunta
Vaasam ) is certain. That is Svatha-prAptham ( it will hapen on its
own). Therefore, there is no need for me to think seperately about
that instead of enjoying You here in the company of Your Lord, SrI
RanganAthan.  The previous sOkam was about the PaadhukA's  protection
in this earth (LeelA VibhUthi); the next slOkam is about the
Paadhukais assisting the Saadhu Janams to gain residence in
Parama Padham.

3) hE Devi PadhAvani ! The very same good fortune that enables me to
have Your presence on my head ( Thvam adhunA yEna vidhinA mE sirasi
niyatham sTithA) empowers me to have the anthima saakshAthkAram of
Lord RanganAthan with the unmistakable mark /lakshaNam of the
SarvEswaran, viz., the symbol of red dye from MahA Lakshmi's sacred
feet on His chest (tEnaiva bhAgyEna LakshmI padhAmbhuruha yaavaka-
panka lakshyam , RanganATam , mama saamparAyE laksheekarishyasi)...
(V.S).

http://us.click.yahoo.com/J8kdrA/y20IAA/yQLSAA/XUWolB/TM