You are here: SriPedia - Oppiliappan - Archives - Aug 2005

Oppiliappan List Archive: Message 00103 Aug 2005

Service For a Smile

Sri ANDAL has lucidly explained the basics of our faith. The means to attain Him and the end. While the means has been spelt out clarly in several pAsuram-s the thriuppAvai -29 ;''kaRavaigaL " is indeed a masterpiece. The fact that He is naturally realted to us and we possess Him is mentioned in simple terms 'vundhannoADu vuRAvEAl ingu vozhikka vozhiyAdhu' and 'puNNiyam yAm vudaiyOam'

The next pAsuram goes on to say that the Service should be for His sake, for His smile and happiness mentioning 'maRRai nam-kAmangaL maRRu" .ANDAL has reached a stage that she does not want anything other than Him. Here she desires that during kainkaryam the desire should be to see His happiness.

This is further elaborated in nAchiyAr thirumozhi.Sri ANDAL desires to offer hundreds of sweets to the Lord of ThriumAl irunjOlai. Genereally what do people say "Oh! Lord, Please  take these offereings and take care of us"
What does Sri ANDAL "Oh! Lord please take these offerings. I shall further offer in geometric proportions and also serve You'

We see in this world, people are ready to donate money.Philanthrophists throw money around to get things done.  ANDAL offers things to the Almighty.What does see wants in exchange. Nothing new.Already desired Service.

Doing service oneself is greater kainkaryam. This is what Sri ANDAL declares 'I will not only offer things to You but Oh! Lord I will serve You'.This is

'inRu vandhu ithanaiyum amuidhu seidhidap peRil -nAn onRu nURAiyiramAgak koduthu
pinnum ALum seivan...' nAchiyAr Thirumozhi 9-7;

And that  is Service with a Smile -Service for His Smile.

dAsan
vanamamalai padmanabhan

Beliefs of hinduism Different religions beliefs Hinduism religion
Hinduism Fund raising Beliefs

YAHOO! GROUPS LINKS

Home Page
http://www.ibiblio.org/sripedia