You are here: SriPedia - Oppiliappan - Archives - Aug 2005

Oppiliappan List Archive: Message 00121 Aug 2005

Dear srEvaishNavites,

They say that proof of the eating is in the pudding. Similarly, one need not look externally to confirm that one has become a srEvaishNavite. The fact that one is ecstasic on seeing a fellow srEvaishNavie is the ultimate proof of being a srEvaishNavaite.

dAsan
vanamamalai padmanabhan

Sri Parthasarathi thunai

SrimathE ramanujaya Namaha

Sri Vara Vara munayE Namaha

Sri vAnachala maha munayE namaha

?taN chERai emperumAn thAlai nAlum sindhippArkennullam tEnoori eppozhudhum thiththikkumE?

In the earlier paasuram, kaliyan expressed his wish to be amidst the bhagavatas without sparing a second.  Immediately a questioned aroused.

It is quite usual for people to wish to be amidst others who are like-minded.  For instance, samsAris want to be amidst other samsAris, they can never tolerate loneliness.  The bhAhya kudrishtis (Buddhist and Jains) prefer company of those in the same category.  So in which crew do you want to join?

Azhvar answers, ?I am not part of the Buddhist or Jains (bhAhya kudrishtis)? After listening to the great episode of the NarasimhAvatara where emperuman came running to save his bhaktha from the clutches of Hiranyan and went to the extent of tearing off Hiranyan to pieces how can I join in any other group?

?Ok azhveer! But even we have heard about narasimhAvataram.  But still we haven?t got that ultimate faith (ananyArhasEshatvam).  How did you come to know that you have affinity only towards the jagathkAranabhoothan sarvEsvaran Sriman Narayanan?

?The joy I obtain while thinking about Srivaishnavas is the proof for my ultimate surrender to emperuman?

Thiruppavai Ithihyam (Thiruppavai 7 Arayirapadi)

?Atkondavilli Jeeyer ezhundharulA niRka seidhE, nanjeeyer daNdanittu nirka, ?bhagavat vishayaththil ruchi namakku meyyAga pirandhadhillai kANum? endrarulichcheiya, ?vummai pOlE AchAryavAngal vundO? EnnganE arulichcheivAnen?? enna, ?bhagavat vishayaththil meiyyE ruchi vuNdendru erukkaiyAvadhu bhAgavadhargalai kaNdAl vugakkumandru kAnum!? endru arulich seidhAr.?

[Once Nanjeeyer happened to prostrate Atkondavilli Jeeyer, a satsishyA of emperumAnAr. Atkondavilli Jeeyer said, ?I have not got perfect affinity towards bhagavat vishayam yet? Shocked by this statement nanjeeyer replied,?Being a great acharya how is it that you say like this? Atkondavilli Jeeyer said, ?One is considered to have a true affinity towards bhagavat vishayam only when he experiences great ecstasy on meeting a bhAgavata!?]

Essence of kaliyan?s words has been showed by our acharyas in their life.

Azhvar emperumAnAr Jeeyer thiruvadigalE sharaNam

Adiyen ramanuja dAsee

Sumithra Varadarajan

YAHOO! GROUPS LINKS

Home Page