You are here: SriPedia - Oppiliappan - Archives - Aug 2005

Oppiliappan List Archive: Message 00166 Aug 2005

Thanks

I thank Mrs. SumithrA VaradaRajan for having contributed her valuable time and contents to this series.She talks of the anil role. Then what shall I say;'tharanga nEr adaikkaluRRa salam ilA anilum pOlEan'

Sri Thriumangai AzhwAr uses certain terms which are indeed peculiar to our language and also sweet and wonderful.

one is mA-madhalAi--> A Great child who had felled 'bhUthanA'.

aiyaRivum koNDAnukku--The People who had lost the five senses to the Lord are my Lords.

kaLLathEan poi-agathEan---I am a cheat with lot of lies inside me.

annam thEamAvin innizhalil kaN thuyilum--These words make us visualise precisely - a pair of swan closetted under the shade of the sweet mango tree.

These are the beautiful usages and to be cherished during  study and during recitation--- reiterating the greatness of our Kaliyan.

Thank YOu.

dAsan
vanamamalai padmanabhan

Sri Parthasarathi thunai

SrimathE ramanujaya Namaha

Sri Vara Vara munayE Namaha

Sri vAnachala maha munayE namaha

What the satsangam of bhagavatas can do to us! Is adiyen not the best example? Due to the satsangam of Sri Padmanabhan swamy and many others in these groups adiyen has now got the greatest bhakyam to go through the excellent vyakhyanam of Sri periavachan pillai to the extraordinary canto ?kan sOra Venkurudhi? of Kaliyan?s periya thirumozhi and write a few words about the same (?elaiya pun kavidhaiyElum empirArkku eniyavArE?).   Even if any scholar did not do these postings, still though done by an illiterate, it will surely please parthasarathi emperuman.  How do you say with such confidence? May be your query.

The reasons are,

1.      The paasurams were done by none other than Kaliyan (emperuman came running to give him the thirumanthram).

2.      The commentary was given by parmakArunikar Periyavachan pillai considered to be the punaravatara of thirukannamangai kannan.

3.      This attempt to write was not adiyen?s individual decision but a wish of a (Sri Padmanabhan swamy)

So adiyen is sure that all errors on adiyen?s side will be pardoned and liked by both emperuman and all his bhakthas.

Adiyen is highly grateful to padmanabhan swamy for giving me this opportunity to take an anil role in his great kainkaryam ?A Peep into Periya thirumozhi.

Azhvar emperumAnAr Jeeyer thiruvadigalE sharaNam

Adiyen ramanuja dAsee

Sumithra Varadarajan

Beliefs of hinduism Different religions beliefs Hinduism religion
Hinduism Fund raising Beliefs

YAHOO! GROUPS LINKS

Home Page
http://www.ibiblio.org/sripedia